Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seadek sheets

Default Seadek sheets

I'm a diy guy and even more a cheap one. I have snap in carpet in my Craz and while I don't hate it, I don't love it. I am playing with the idea of putting new flooring in. I had originally thought about using hydroturf because I like the color selection (I was going to do black/dark grey grooved) and especially how soft it is but I worry about it holding up long term. So I wrote seadek and they put me on to sheets they sell where I can make my own kit.

The sheets are $150 each and I would need 2, so 320 shipped. The representative said it was very easy to cut and make to look nice. I asked if I could get it with the lines grooved in and she said no, not with these sheets. So my worry is that it may look unfinished/cheap slapping down seadek without any pattern in it. I had the thought of using a router or cutout tool and making my own grooves in it to give character but I'm not sure. Anyone done their own or have any opinions for me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Storm grey is what I was looking at. It would match my walk through over the engine.

The dealer said if I wanted the original craz flooring it would be $1450, I'm good. More than a few hundred I'll just rock the carpet.

I used some seadek type material on the fenders of my old supra trailer. it looked ok but there's a lot to be said for the stuff cut with a beveled edge.
    based on my experience, I would not lay down a floor of a boat but that's imo. most layman might not ever notice that it's not the laser cut beveled edge application.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I used some seadek type material on the fenders of my old supra trailer. it looked ok but there's a lot to be said for the stuff cut with a beveled edge.
    based on my experience, I would not lay down a floor of a boat but that's imo. most layman might not ever notice that it's not the laser cut beveled edge application.
    That is what the rep said too, that the best results come when you use a Dremel to clean the edges up. That seems pretty darn tedious and leaves more room for me to screw it up. At 150 a sheet I'm not sure

I'm considering this as well. I had the factory not install any carpet snaps so my flooring is all clean, but I plan to SeaDek/Gatorstep or one of the many other options down soon. All comes down to looks vs price. I can do the whole boat myself for under $500 using sheets, or I can have custom fit pieces installed for about $1500.
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I'm considering this as well. I had the factory not install any carpet snaps so my flooring is all clean, but I plan to SeaDek/Gatorstep or one of the many other options down soon. All comes down to looks vs price. I can do the whole boat myself for under $500 using sheets, or I can have custom fit pieces installed for about $1500.
    The snaps are actually something I am concerned about too. I have to see if I want to mess with cutting around them and how crappy it could possibly look.im not totally taking the hydro turf off the table as it is really easy to work with and is very soft

Pay to get it done by a professional. I am all for do it yourself and cheap. But it's the flooring on a 70k boat. Not something you want looking jacked up.

Better yet ask dealer to help you on the cost for all the headache they have put you through. They could probably get a dealer price from sea dek.
    2017 Supra SA

+1 on what Russell said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Pay to get it done by a professional. I am all for do it yourself and cheap. But it's the flooring on a 70k boat. Not something you want looking jacked up.

Better yet ask dealer to help you on the cost for all the headache they have put you through. They could probably get a dealer price from sea dek.
    The dealer price from seadek might be worth entertaining....I shall call tomorrow

Keep in mind that the seadek option when building a new boat is not the same thickness as the stuff most of us have gotten. The stuff they offer when building a boat is the same thin stuff on the swim deck. Did you call scwake and see how much it would be for my template? I'm with Russell, if you slap it down it will look like poo not to mention it is an absolute NIGHTMARE to remove if down the road you just can't take it. We've got over 3k in all of our seadek. The bow, the gunnels, the walkway, the floor, and swim deck. I know it's a lot but I feel like it finishes off the boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk