Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Raptor 400 top speed

I am sure this has been asked but I could not find it. I realize these boats are for pulling, but what is the top speed? I am specifically asking for the CRAZ with Raptor 400. I ask because I have one son that likes to slalom and wondering how fast this boat will go.

Thanks,

Clark

Depends on what prop you have and your elevation. Typically it's somewhere around eleventy hectares per fortnight, give or take an angstrom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Hahahahaha. Oooh boy

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

38mph with the oj 945, couple mph faster with the non hi altitude prop. You're in the 5000+ rpm in that range though.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Depends on what prop you have and your elevation. Typically it's somewhere around eleventy hectares per fortnight, give or take an angstrom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had to google that mess. Been out of school toooo long!
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Max Surf edition
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X

Default Raptor 400 top speed

Sorry, just being a smart ass. But in reality, it varies a lot. With the standard prop, it's around 35mph dive or take. Boats aren't like cars which all have the same top speed from the factory. In boats you can changed their top speed and pulling power, by changing the pitch of the prop. Higher pitch = higher top speed, slower hole shot and less pulling power, and vice verse for lower pitch props.
    And the elevation your boating at effects the top speed and pulling power as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stazi; 02-20-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    2017 Moomba Craz

LOL it's all good. Its funny now that I understand it covers an area in a certain amount of time with an itty bitty variation.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Max Surf edition
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X

Wow. That is a little discouraging. My 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV had the standard 5.7 325 HP engine It also had the standard prop and top speed was about 42-43 MPH. I pulled my son on a slalom at 36 MPH Not sure what RPM that was turning. I am not wanting a fast boat was was hoping for about the same. I would only be pulling at that speed with empty ballast. I am in Central Georgia so no high altitude

Your 05 LSV topped the scales at 3,000 lbs and the Craz comes in at 4,200 lbs. The newer hulls are designed for displacement vs speed. My first boat was an 08 Outback V which was the same hull as the 05 LSV and the difference between that boat and what we have now is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by clark View Post
    Wow. That is a little discouraging. My 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV had the standard 5.7 325 HP engine It also had the standard prop and top speed was about 42-43 MPH. I pulled my son on a slalom at 36 MPH Not sure what RPM that was turning. I am not wanting a fast boat was was hoping for about the same. I would only be pulling at that speed with empty ballast. I am in Central Georgia so no high altitude
    Again, apples to oranges. Your 2005 weighed 1000lb less than say a 2017 Craz, and probably had a 13x14 or 13x13 prop. You could make a Craz or Mojo do 50mph if you want, but it would suck for surfing with 3000lb of extra ballast in it. That's why there's a myriad of props available so that you choose the right prop for your boat for the speed and application you want. So don't be discouraged.... because there's no reason to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz