Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

IMG_7692.jpg. Ok here we go

Quote Originally Posted by Matlock339 View Post
    Got it.

Ok, how in the world do you judge or know what HP and Carb vs. MPI the boat is? There were apparently 3 engine varieties but I can't tell which is which. A 310hp Carb, 320hp MPI, and a 340hp MPI according to the manual. I can see mine is the "Indmar Assault" and looks like a Holley carb but can't find any other clues.
    As I mentioned in post #5, the Assault is a MPI engine with 320 hp.

Perfect, thanks again!

Ok, out of sheer curiosity, I called and emailed Moomba, to be sure for insurance. They kindly and quickly emailed me back, I sent them my Hull ID in and within 30 minutes, they emailed me the info.

Mine is a 310 Carb, according to Moomba. Never though it'd be that easy to communicate with a manufacturer and get that info.

At least you have the upgraded air intake cover. Just don't tell people what is under the cover.....

Unscrew the top cover and take a pick. Looks like it's carburetored to me, but the pics aren't the best.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Pic #1 in post #22 has a little peak at a carb. It's the 310 carbed one. My carbed motor in my Outback LS ran great. One guy on here was shocked how fast it was and asked me what I had under there. I wouldn't let him look. Heh heh.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Back in 2005, the fuel injection option was about five grand which was a significant jump in price, reliability of fuel injection systems on boats was still in question so people opted for the proven technology. Nowadays, I would go with fuel injection for the easier cold engine start and fuel consumption. With the carbed engine, run non-ethanol gas with Stabile when winterizing, fog the engine and then use a carb cleaner in the spring.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Pic #1 in post #22 has a little peak at a carb. It's the 310 carbed one. My carbed motor in my Outback LS ran great. One guy on here was shocked how fast it was and asked me what I had under there. I wouldn't let him look. Heh heh.
    OK then. What he said. It's the 310hp.
    2017 Moomba Craz