Default Surf tabs on mid 2000s v drive boats

I didn’t get a response on the Supra page so I’m trying here. I’m have some money to burn and I want to add surf tabs to my 06 launch 21v. I see the super surf’r system with manual tab control for 2500 bucks or I can go big with go surf assist. Has anyone here used either system? I want to know if it’s worth it. If it only makes a minor improvement in the wave I’m better off buying lead and trying different shapers. I do like the idea of a modern upgrade going with tabs. Any first hand experience input is greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannot speak for either system....however I have flow 1 (manual tabs) on my mojo.
    It works really well once pitch is correct and listed. But, if I had the option to upgrade to GSA or similar I would do it. I would love to have button controlled surfing and be able to weight more evenly to get a bigger wake.

The other option is upgrade boats to gain autowake or swell (depending on moomba or supra)
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Cannot speak for either system....however I have flow 1 (manual tabs) on my mojo.
    It works really well once pitch is correct and listed. But, if I had the option to upgrade to GSA or similar I would do it. I would love to have button controlled surfing and be able to weight more evenly to get a bigger wake.

The other option is upgrade boats to gain autowake or swell (depending on moomba or supra)
    I’m pretty sure gsa is basic compared to autowake or swell. I think the only automatic feature is the gps making the tabs go up below 5mph and above 15 mph. Otherwise it’s just surf left surf right. There is a dial to fine tune. The wake worx system just has two manual tab controllers. So you can actually dial it in how you like it. At least this is what I gathered looking at them.

How difficult is it to get your wave dialed in how you want it? And more so how consistent is it each time you go out?

had gsa plates on our last tige oem as a 2020. lots of guys were replacing taps3 plates with gsa plates from the '17-'19 era tiges and seeing night and day results. tige only used them for 1.5 years and swapped out again to inhouse. assuming it was due to the royalty fees owed to gsa that now also pay 'bu but that's all speculation. I can't speak at all to the electronics gsa uses as ours were using tige go software.

the plates made a great wave but not sure I'd spend the money for gsa if I was doing a retro. there's other brands out there as you well know for much less coin and not sure on hulls that weren't designed for tabs if the difference would be as night and day as tige found.

21v is a wakeboarding BEAST but surf waves are a bit of a challenge on that hull. if it was me I'd likely continue to mess with lead/shapers and if tabs were the road I went down, I'd go over to wakegarage and build my own set. save the coin for a boat upgrade down the road.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    had gsa plates on our last tige oem as a 2020. lots of guys were replacing taps3 plates with gsa plates from the '17-'19 era tiges and seeing night and day results. tige only used them for 1.5 years and swapped out again to inhouse. assuming it was due to the royalty fees owed to gsa that now also pay 'bu but that's all speculation. I can't speak at all to the electronics gsa uses as ours were using tige go software.

the plates made a great wave but not sure I'd spend the money for gsa if I was doing a retro. there's other brands out there as you well know for much less coin and not sure on hulls that weren't designed for tabs if the difference would be as night and day as tige found.

21v is a wakeboarding BEAST but surf waves are a bit of a challenge on that hull. if it was me I'd likely continue to mess with lead/shapers and if tabs were the road I went down, I'd go over to wakegarage and build my own set. save the coin for a boat upgrade down the road.
    Awesome thank you! So I already have upgraded ballast and surf mode maverick shaper. I get a great wave as it is. I hoped that the tabs would make easy work fine tuning the wave. And not having to put a shaper on the side that sprays water all over the place.

I put Wakeland Tabs on my last boat 2007 Supra 22'.

Expensive and would not do it again for a surf wave. I used a suck gate before the tabs. You do not get the hang for your buck.

It was cool to have tabs to help with takeoff and getting on plane - we used them wakeboarding too. They auto retracted at 15mph.

Difficult hull mount too with the notch.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by brian216 View Post
    I’m pretty sure gsa is basic compared to autowake or swell. I think the only automatic feature is the gps making the tabs go up below 5mph and above 15 mph. Otherwise it’s just surf left surf right. There is a dial to fine tune. The wake worx system just has two manual tab controllers. So you can actually dial it in how you like it. At least this is what I gathered looking at them.

How difficult is it to get your wave dialed in how you want it? And more so how consistent is it each time you go out?

Its not hard now. I took several pointers from guys on this site that already went through all the growing pains of the manual Flow tabs.
    I also have 1100's in the rear of my mojo.
    So its fill everything in the center/front, fill surf side to 100, fill non-surf to 80, move all lead to surf side, and put the correct tab to position 3 and go.

Hardest part is moving lead, and even with tabs, I feel I would still be doing this since the wife is regular and I'm goofy (same when we surf also)
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow