Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What are you guys using to mount the light strips? I got some that have the double sided tape on the back but I'm just not sure if it will hold for long. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Here's a lighting idea for you....slight tease before I start a build thread.

I did red on the trailer and in the cabin/bow and white in all the compartments. All on switches.
    I'd really like to see a diy..... will have to add this to my to do list
    2011 Supra 21V
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    Wetsounds Icon8's

Interested in some of these lighting ideas... new thread or can we get this one revived?

Specially interested in the led strips ppl are using, the earmark cup holder leds and wetsounds rev10 rings.

How are most of you attaching the strips?

Is most everyone happy with the earmark led cupholder lights? Couple pictures I've seen, they look really thick. Not sure if it's a reflection of it it's actually a double row led.

Has anyone installed their own wetsounds OEM ring? How hard is this?
    Garrett

2017 Moomba Mojo
    Flow 2.0 Surf MAX Package
    Black/Brittany Blue Metal Flake
    w/ Striker Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
    Interested in some of these lighting ideas... new thread or can we get this one revived?

Specially interested in the led strips ppl are using, the earmark cup holder leds and wetsounds rev10 rings.

How are most of you attaching the strips?

Is most everyone happy with the earmark led cupholder lights? Couple pictures I've seen, they look really thick. Not sure if it's a reflection of it it's actually a double row led.

Has anyone installed their own wetsounds OEM ring? How hard is this?
    The strips have double sided tape, but I prefer to use some silicone or super glue, depending on placement.

The earmark rings are pretty thick, but they are made very well.

The REV led ring install is not hard work, it's just a bit tedious in drilling the wire hole and making sure everything is in place. I have had a few where I broke a contact on the LED strip itself by not having everything line up, and other that were flawless. Just work slow and carefully and you should not have an issue.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I have a whole thread for mine...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....D-s-on-the-XLV

•Translucent cupholders with blue LED's built into the barrel
    •LED Angel Eyes on the inside of the REV410 grills
    •LED Angel Eyes on the inside of the grills of all my Polk 6.5" coaxial in boat speakers
    •Clear plexiglass rings with narrow 1cm per led strips hot glued on the inside of the rings
    •Narrow 1cm per led strips inside translucent tubing as LED subwoofer rings
    •LED Angel Eyes on the inside of the subwoofer grills
    •LED surface mount trailer running lights in the rear lockers
    •LED Surface Mount running lights in various spots on the seat bases
    •White LED bulbs in the various dash gauges
    •LED replacement front Nav light
    •LED Bulb in the tower mounted anchor light
    •Six waterproof 6w CREE LED lights mounted to the wake plate.
    •20w LED drain plug light
    •MR-16 LED docking lights
    •LED Trailer Runway lights

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

accidently double posted so here is the latest before I sold.

Last edited by dusty2221; 08-10-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Here's a lighting idea for you....slight tease before I start a build thread.

I did red on the trailer and in the cabin/bow and white in all the compartments. All on switches.
    I made my trailer lights on the top of the frame rail so that they function as LED Runway lights for night time docking. It's pretty rad and honestly makes it easier to get on the trailer straight at night. Plus, it turns a lot of heads. Mine are controlled by an Attwood digital bilge switch so they come on as soon as the trailer dunks in the water.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stimbert View Post
    Cup holder lights?
    I think that by far the best cupholder light solution are the ones that they put stock in the Malibu 24 MXZ. they have translucent barrels and chrome plated lips. the LED's are actually inside the barrel. I think they look a lot better than rings around the cupholder lips. And it looks badass when you have a clear container that ends up glowing. The LED cupholders can be found on Ebay for $8 to $10ea.

(you can also see my LED angel eyes that light up my speaker cones and the plexiglass LED rings that light up around my speakers...)

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Speakers and cupholders:

cupholders with lights turned off. very clean.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Dusty, Trayson,

Thanks for the quick replies! Love the lighting on both your boats. Might have more questions down the line for you two!
    Garrett

2017 Moomba Mojo
    Flow 2.0 Surf MAX Package
    Black/Brittany Blue Metal Flake
    w/ Striker Graphics

I did factory style on mine. Lights are cheap on eBay and it's a straightforward job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold