Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hull defect

I am supposed to hear from SC at some point and will certainly bring that up. I pulled the amp rack last night and the bracket it is sitting on is actually molded fiberglass from the hull so I have absolutely no clue what is going on there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My '14 has a similar flat spot in in but not enough to make me do anything yet. Also our boat has never been below 50* heated storage.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

As much as I try, I just can't get over it. I'm gonna try and do a vinyl design around it in hopes the contour hides it. .you wife suggested making a giant bandaid lol

Could there dealer have parked a diesel next to the boat and caused this?

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Could there dealer have parked a diesel next to the boat and caused this?
    No there was no signs of impact according to the body shop and the fact it is where the amp rack is says that has something to do with it

Perhaps the amp rack reinforcement is affecting the contraction and expansion of the hull in that location which is only visible now due to the temprature changes over winter? Probably something that SC didn't anticipate when they added that feature.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    No there was no signs of impact according to the body shop and the fact it is where the amp rack is says that has something to do with it

I have seen diesel trucks deform plastic bumpers when parked next to cars. The newer trucks burn hotter than before and if in a regeneration cycle get really hot.

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post

I don't think he is talking about an impact. I think he is referring to heat.

Tifton,GA Lake Blackshear, and Lake Cheehaw

The amp rack has nothing to do with it. The amp rack is just mounted between the 2 vertical stringers running up the bow were the curve is.Now having said that I like dusty my supra has a small indention on the port side in the same area across from the amp rack, hence there is no 1/2 starboard mounted with four 3 inch screws there, so again the amp rack didn't cause this. Now in my opinion based on nothing other than my opinion, the extreme cold could cause materials to contract or expand its just fact but I don't know how much temperatire effects fiberglass, I think fiberglass continues to cure for a while just like oil based paints but for how long I don't know, these are questions for someone familar with boat repairs.
    2015 Supra SG 450 Fire Red Metallic
    Wetsounds and MMATS
    2015 Mojo
    2014 LSV
    2006 Tahoe Q4sf

If it is due to the colder temps, I wonder if possibly with warmer temps it will push back out. Wishful thinking but just a thought.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190