Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

How long does it take to fill 4 to 5k of water? Assuming you are running all reversibles.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

13-14 minutes

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Default Not Happy with my Mojo surf wave, need advice

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    How long does it take to fill 4 to 5k of water? Assuming you are running all reversibles.
    1 beer and 3 songs... if I drink slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Centurion is leading the pack in terms in surf performance right now. Their smallest boat is the RI 217. It's dry weight is 5300 lbs and it can be optioned to leave the factory with 4950 lbs of ballast. That's 1000 lbs heavier and 1500 lbs more ballast than a 22 foot moomba. We are not even in the same ball park as the king of surf boats... Even putting enzo bags in the rear, we are a whole 1000 lbs lighter. I'm only pointing this out because it seems as though a large number of members here see such a large number and think it's crazy. In reality, smorris7 is exactly correct. It's all about displacement. Once you see your boats potential you won't ever want to go back.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Centurion is leading the pack in terms in surf performance right now. Their smallest boat is the RI 217. It's dry weight is 5300 lbs and it can be optioned to leave the factory with 4950 lbs of ballast. That's 1000 lbs heavier and 1500 lbs more ballast than a 22 foot moomba. We are not even in the same ball park as the king of surf boats... Even putting enzo bags in the rear, we are a whole 1000 lbs lighter. I'm only pointing this out because it seems as though a large number of members here see such a large number and think it's crazy. In reality, smorris7 is exactly correct. It's all about displacement. Once you see your boats potential you won't ever want to go back.

but how versatile is the Centurion? Thing I like about my SA is I can pretty much do any and all water sports with it. Seems like boats are becoming Surf specific that that's all they can do. We primarily Surf, so I like that concept, but what if I want to break out the ski, I can with my SA while I think if I had the Centurion I could not. Just my two cents, not worth the missing 98, so....
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Centurion sucks on anything other than surfing. Including resale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 SA ?,2019 SE550
    2018 G23 sold
    2017 SE450,2016 SA400 Sold
    2015 MB B52 23,2012 MB F21 Sold
    2014 Axis A22, 2010 Axis A22 Sold

2018 Ram 2500

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    but how versatile is the Centurion? Thing I like about my SA is I can pretty much do any and all water sports with it. Seems like boats are becoming Surf specific that that's all they can do. We primarily Surf, so I like that concept, but what if I want to break out the ski, I can with my SA while I think if I had the Centurion I could not. Just my two cents, not worth the missing 98, so....
    Yes, but the topic of discussion is surf performance, not waterskiing. Fact of the matter is, none of these boats ski like a dd. Resale value also has nothing to do with the message I was trying to convey. I'm speaking strictly about the relationship between surf performance and displacement. There are a handful of members on this forum that are even in the same zip code as the top performing surf manufacturers, in terms of total displacement(boat +ballast). Yet we keep seeing the same threads popping up about guys totally disappointed with the surf performance of their new boat. I wasn't trying to tell you guys how to weight your boat, I was only pointing out that 4-5000 lbs of ballast is not excessive, it's being offered from the factory in competing 21.5' boats.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I was only pointing out that 4-5000 lbs of ballast is not excessive, it's being offered from the factory in competing 21.5' boats.
    Really good point. Im sold
    2016 Mojo (HERE!!!!!)
    2007 Supra Launch 22 SSV Limited
    1990 MasterCraft Tri Star
    1997 Crownline 180BR

Yes, but the topic of discussion is surf performance, not waterskiing. Fact of the matter is, none of these boats ski like a dd. Resale value also has nothing to do with the message I was trying to convey. I'm speaking strictly about the relationship between surf performance and displacement. There are a handful of members on this forum that are even in the same zip code as the top performing surf manufacturers, in terms of total displacement(boat +ballast). Yet we keep seeing the same threads popping up about guys totally disappointed with the surf performance of their new boat. I wasn't trying to tell you guys how to weight your boat, I was only pointing out that 4-5000 lbs of ballast is not excessive, it's being offered from the factory in competing 21.5' boats.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    I do agree with you to a point, most people are unwilling to for whatever reason weight the boat correctly. Many think that their stock boat with a surf system will throw an epic wave and they'll be riding like the people we see in the promo videos, I fell victim to that as well. Once a friend walked me through weighting the boat properly it really came to life, in addition I really believe whats under your feet makes a big difference as well. Now having said all that Centurion is no different, if you think the big badboy surf boat will do what you see in the videos or pictures day one from the factory I would have to disagree. I "surfed" a newer centurion not long ago that was a dog, dude filled the factory and that was it, after moving all his friends and his big ass cooler to list the boat a little the wave did improve but it was far from anything that would make me want one.

That is more than likely true, I'm not saying any boats leave the factory push button surf machines. I'm just suggesting that the in the displacement department, centurion's are definitely better equipped to do the job. They all still need to be set up properly, whether it be surf tabs, trim plate, cats fin, speed calibration, crew placement, and the list goes on..... It wasn't too many years ago that every pound of weight in the boat had to be distributed just right or the surf wave was junk.
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.