Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've used a FWD 2010 Pilot to move my Mojo around my drive way and in and out of the garage due to its short wheelbase improving maneuverability. I have not taken it over about 5 mph or up or down any inclines.
    Is your pilot 4wd? If so I think you'd have a better chance of getting back up a ramp and the towing capacity is higher then the 2wd model, but would still be over capacity with a Mojo.
    I'm not sure about the tranny, but it would be more of a traction situation on the ramp. Just try creeping around with the boat in tow for a little while getting a feel for the load. If it feels like too much, then stop. If not try backing down and back up the ramp a little bit at a time, very slowly.
    If your try it, keep your window open so you can escape if you get pulled into the water.
    Last edited by lsupcar; 02-14-2017 at 11:20 PM.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

Why don't you just buy a Tundra now? Do not launch with a pilot. That's like launching seadoos with an electric golf cart. Might work but you will look like a friggin idiot when it doesn't.

Drop......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Just watch some of those boat launch fail videos on youtube, then make your decision. Watching those videos makes me nervous launching with a 2wd (with limited slip) 1500 silverado.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I get you wanting to save a 1K.

Getting the boat into the water will be easy, like they have said, you might slide down the ramp but the boat will end up in the water.

On the other hand I personally wouldn't risk it, what happens when it gets side ways and hits the guy next to you, or you jack knife, or the stress of the boat being 2x your rated towing and hitch capacity you damage you truck and trailer.

Goto U Haul rent the truck and drop the boat in.

IDK how easy you get the boat in the water, getting out is a whole other issue. Pulling the boat out is a lot harder on the tow vehicle then putting it in.

Either pay the extra coin to store the boat so you don't have to launch it, get a bigger tow vehicle, or find a friend with a truck you can borrow.

Be safe the first time, don't be that jack-tard at the ramp with more money then brains.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Why don't you just buy a Tundra now? Do not launch with a pilot. That's like launching seadoos with an electric golf cart. Might work but you will look like a friggin idiot when it doesn't.

Drop......

How about not get a tundra and get a real truck hahaha

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Here is another thought:
    Do the offer call ahead and have the boat sitting at the dock when you arrive, if so time saved = $
    When you leave do you drop it at the dock and they wipe it down for storage, if so time saved = $
    Will you drive a more fuel efficient car to the marina, is so $ saved

The $1,000 might seem like a steal once you think about the above.

We used to keep our boat at a storage unit at Norris Lake, it was $30 to drop in and $30 to pull out, they did wipe down both when launching and retrieving. Walking out of the car and on the boat ready to go was well worth the $30, not to mention peace of mind.

No .... no...no not a good idea

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    We used to keep our boat at a storage unit at Norris Lake, it was $30 to drop in and $30 to pull out, they did wipe down both when launching and retrieving. Walking out of the car and on the boat ready to go was well worth the $30, not to mention peace of mind.
    I had this service with my I/O when I lived in Cleveland, OH. It was really nice to be able to call, have it dropped in, and ready to go.

When you are done, they just put it away. I used my boat so much I knew the all the fork-lift drivers. They let me cut the wait list/lines on busy weekends. Cool dudes. I bought them 6-packs.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    How about not get a tundra and get a real truck hahaha

LMFAO! Amen to that...(Ford Super Duty tow rig)

12311161_10153770310468684_4249266774785256440_n.jpg
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    LMFAO! Amen to that...(Ford Super Duty tow rig)

12311161_10153770310468684_4249266774785256440_n.jpg
    Now I'm not saying all that is necessary! Lol

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD