Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Suggestions

Thought it would be good to start a thread & have everyone chime in on cost effective solutions that Moomba could add to the boats that would make them more appealing and practical. That way RickT & the boys can skim through & take our recommendations to heart.

Ok I'll start....

1) Over engine storage tray. MB has it, Axis has it. Not much more to say but it would be a great solution for just a little bit more storage.

2) More USB/12v outlets. Seems like more boats are adding more and more. My 15 Mondo only came with a 12v at the helm & in glove box. I recently added 12v/USB in the bow, cabin & lockers.

3) More metal flake/pearl options in more locations (accents etc.)

I'm sure I'll think of more but wanted to get the snowball rolling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

4) 3 Fork board racks (like MB) obviously everyone loves more boards

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Ability to trailer with tower down as well as offer over the tower cover for storage.

Nets on inside of locker doors for small items. I added this to my last boat, great for sunscreen, gloves, sunglasses, etc.

Great idea, I'm sure I'll add more once I spend some time on mine.
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Thought it would be good to start a thread & have everyone chime in on cost effective solutions that Moomba could add to the boats that would make them more appealing and practical. That way RickT & the boys can skim through & take our recommendations to heart.

Ok I'll start....

1) Over engine storage tray. MB has it, Axis has it. Not much more to say but it would be a great solution for just a little bit more storage.

2) More USB/12v outlets. Seems like more boats are adding more and more. My 15 Mondo only came with a 12v at the helm & in glove box. I recently added 12v/USB in the bow, cabin & lockers.

3) More metal flake/pearl options in more locations (accents etc.)

I'm sure I'll think of more but wanted to get the snowball rolling

Ditto on the over engine tray, I even sent a email to Skiers Choice offering to design this tray for them in 2016. Maybe I will resend again.

Not really cost effective, what about options to remove pumps from the ballast systems? MB, Supreme, Centurion all use a RamFill type of system. Have never used or seen in action but if the hype is true could be worth it?
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    Not really cost effective, what about options to remove pumps from the ballast systems? MB, Supreme, Centurion all use a RamFill type of system. Have never used or seen in action but if the hype is true could be worth it?
    They work great, although you still need to add PNP. So reversibles are still needed.

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Ditto on the over engine tray, I even sent a email to Skiers Choice offering to design this tray for them in 2016. Maybe I will resend again.
    Such a great idea & probably doesn't cost very much once they have the design made for each boat.

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

the more they add, the more the price creeps up even at $100 a pop. pretty soon you have a boat that is no longer a value boat. seems that I have seen a few of these things on the supra line and that will be part of the upsell to move from moomba to supra. eliminate all of the small upsells and supra goes away.

a slippery slope for a manufacturer with multiple lines indeed.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    the more they add, the more the price creeps up even at $100 a pop. pretty soon you have a boat that is no longer a value boat. seems that I have seen a few of these things on the supra line and that will be part of the upsell to move from moomba to supra. eliminate all of the small upsells and supra goes away.

a slippery slope for a manufacturer with multiple lines indeed.
    Thread over, LOL!
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

They still make budget boats?

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD