Hey all, I am new to the forum and wanted to share something and ask for some recommendations from the community. I just purchased a 2008 XLV with 87 hours on it. Once I got the boat home I started tearing everything out of it so I could do a deep clean on everything. Once I got all the cushions out I noticed a waterline that would have roughly made 4 inches of water while standing in the boat. Once I noticed this I started checking fluid again and noticed the tranny fluid looked like pepto bismol. The V-drive fluid was mustard yellow as well.

I have decided that I will definitely be changing the oil, tranny fluid and v-drive fluid. I am also going to pull the fuel filter and maybe go ahead and just change the fuel pump as well. Should I somehow try and drain the fuel tank? Any ideas on this? Knowing the water was this high on the engine for God knows how long, what else should I look at replacing before I get the boat out on the water this summer.

I have also noticed that there are two ballast plumbing pipes on both sides of the transmission but not tied into anything. The boat has the entire gravity games 3 pump system for the ballast, but the boat did not have the bags in it when I bought it. Any idea on why these are just sitting around the tranny not connected?

Craig
2008 Moomba Mobius XLV Gravity Games