Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Angry I just bought a 2008 XLV and there is a water line in the carpet

Hey all, I am new to the forum and wanted to share something and ask for some recommendations from the community. I just purchased a 2008 XLV with 87 hours on it. Once I got the boat home I started tearing everything out of it so I could do a deep clean on everything. Once I got all the cushions out I noticed a waterline that would have roughly made 4 inches of water while standing in the boat. Once I noticed this I started checking fluid again and noticed the tranny fluid looked like pepto bismol. The V-drive fluid was mustard yellow as well.

I have decided that I will definitely be changing the oil, tranny fluid and v-drive fluid. I am also going to pull the fuel filter and maybe go ahead and just change the fuel pump as well. Should I somehow try and drain the fuel tank? Any ideas on this? Knowing the water was this high on the engine for God knows how long, what else should I look at replacing before I get the boat out on the water this summer.

I have also noticed that there are two ballast plumbing pipes on both sides of the transmission but not tied into anything. The boat has the entire gravity games 3 pump system for the ballast, but the boat did not have the bags in it when I bought it. Any idea on why these are just sitting around the tranny not connected?

Craig
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV Gravity Games

So, I have a 2008 XLV like yourself. I doubt any water got in the fuel tank, as the only access would have been through the filler and vent lines that are way up at the top of the gunwales.

As far as the factory ballast system, honestly just skip trying to salvage anything. the factory system used 1 aerator pump with a sprinkler valve manifold and 3/4" hose. it was slow and realistically most people have to gut it and start over to have something better. Hit up Wakemakers (use the 10% off forum discount) and get the system that has the 1" hose, 3 reversible pumps. Get 1100 bags for the rear lockers and get the 1180 gravity games bag for the playpen locker.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Ive got a new 1180 bag for sale if you are interested. Much cheaper then any online retailer too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the exact same boat as you. Can you post some pics of the water line you are talking about? Also if you post a pic of the ballast lines I can probably point you I the right direction.

87 hours seems really low!

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I doubt any water got in the fuel tank, as the only access would have been through the filler and vent lines that are way up at the top of the gunwales.
    Agreed but I'd recommend getting the old fuel out assuming that it's regular gas station fuel with ethanol which gets pretty icky when it sits for long. At best, it will give you starting headaches, at worst it will foul up the fuel delivery system.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    Agreed but I'd recommend getting the old fuel out assuming that it's regular gas station fuel with ethanol which gets pretty icky when it sits for long. At best, it will give you starting headaches, at worst it will foul up the fuel delivery system.
    good point. low hours and possible neglect = likely bad fuel. might as well avoid a headache. I get what you're staying.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

once looked at boat on a dealers lot after a week of wicked rains--boat was covered. we pulled the cover back and the water was at the seat bottoms--drain plug was in and no battery in the boat. that was as far as I got with looking at that one
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

2008 Thanks for all of the responses. I will try and drain the fuel. I guess a syphon hose will be the easiest path for that, but I am open to other ideas. Also, I am attaching the pic of the ballast pump housing and the ballast lines that are simply connected to nothing. My best guess is the original owner never even put bags in and got the system working, but that is simply a guess. It appears that only one line is connected to the pump and that line runs to the front/mid bag area by the driver's seat. I also noticed there is another pump of some sort in that area where the front bag would hook up. Trayson, I am not sure I have $2K to put in a new pump system like on Wakemakers. I need to try and limp in on this one if I can get it working. Sorry, but I am having no luck uploading the pic. I keep getting an error.

IMG_4617.jpgHere is the Pic.

Welcome to the forum Craig.

Congrats on the new boat.

Your pepto trans fluid and mustard V drive fluid concerned me.

Your going to need to drain those, fill, drain until it's the proper colors.

I'm worried you have water mixed in from freeze damage.

Get those fluid cleaned and get water hooked up or put the boat in the water and let it run for a bit to check the trans and V drive for water leaks.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]