Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I might still have my old solenoids with factory connectors on them. But if I do, they are packed away and won't come out until April at the earliest.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Update on my earlier post- I got 17 gallons of very old fuel out of the tank. I changed the fuel filter and cleaned the fuel pump. I changed the oil and tranny fluid as well. I also changed the impeller. It had the original one in it based off of the factory paint still on the screws and gasket. New batteries and put it in the water this weekend for a test run. It ran like a top. New ethanol free fuel and some Stabil Marine as well. Can't wait for the summer! Thanks to everyone for the advice on all my questions. Last thing. Check engine light is on but I'm not to concerned. Going to try and get it to a dealer to see what codes it is throwing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CraigXLV

2008 Moomba XLV Gravity Games Edition

Probably a U571 code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

What is the detail around that code?

CraigXLV

Never mind I got it. Lol.

CraigXLV

Any idea how long it was sitting? Did it start when you were looking at buying it?
    Glad to hear you got it running. Make sure to get it back out there and keep checking those fluids several times per trip even to make sure there isn't an internal leak issue. The possibility of that was stated earlier in this thread. You don't want to go run it for an hour and find you have water coming back into the system.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I didn't crank it before buying simply because it was winterized and I was not sure if I could get it in my basement and temps were below freezing. The tranny fluid still has some pink in it so I am going to change it again. I might not have gotten it all out in the last change. Is the transmission connected to the cooling system where water could get in it from regular operation? I still need to change the v-drive oil as well. My pump would not suck it out and the drain plug method looks like it will be a bear.

Craig

2008 XLV Gravity Games
    CraigXLV

No it shouldn't get in there. It is a closed system as far as the trans and V-drive are concerned. I thought I saw a post once where it was possible but that doesn't mean it is. Change it again and really keep an eye on it for a good while. I am hoping that it isn't an issue but not sure why it would be that way in the first place? You mentioned a waterline in the carpet so there was standing water it sounds like. Depending on how high that could be it. It may have just gotten in that way. If it wasn't run like that you may be ok as long as it didn't do anything to bearings and so on. I would guess that boat has been sitting a good while if you had bad gas, change batteries and so on but that doesn't mean it is bad. It sounds like you are on the right track. A lot of possible scenarios. You are a brave soul to buy a boat that way but everything can be fixed. I bought my second Wave Runner where half of the drive train was in the guys pickup bed. The dealer took it apart and was going to charge to put it back together. I took a chance and it worked out in the end.
    Someone was offering a front ballast bag, pick it up, you will need it in the future. Pick up the 1100's in the rear and enjoy until you can get the rest. Just make sure everything else is good first. You have a great boat there.
    Last edited by 5:00; 03-06-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

This is my first inboard and I am thrilled at the experience from my test run this weekend. And BTW I got a great deal on the boat and couldn't turn it down with so few hours. I just got the front locker bag from someone on this thread. I'll gladly take some 1100's off of anyone that has them. I'm about to get them from Wakemakers none the less.

Craig

2008 XLV Gravity Games
    CraigXLV

If you are will to wait for the ballast equipment WakeMAKERS Black Friday sale is great. You can try to limp along this season and the upgrade in the fall.

Apalie - Of The Water
    2005 Mobius XLV
    Fort Wayne IN