Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

for poops and giggles I contacted the Orlando Moomba dealer and asked them if they would be interested in participating in an owners get together if one were to be held in Clermont.

I really doubt I will hear back from them, but like I always say - ya never know what you can get unless you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Looking at calendar it would have to be June 9-11, June 23-25, July 14-16, July 21-23, July 28-30, Aug. 11-13, Aug. 18-20. Have to avoid weekend before and after July 4. The mid June week is out for me too b/c of a 50th anniversary party in Jacksonville I can't miss (also a big week for graduation parties so good one to skip anyway.)
    If y'all want to head back to Lake Martin AL. We're renting a house there on the June 23-25th weekend. Nice birthday weekend and have family driving in from TX. Can't wait.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

MUCH to my surprise the Orlando dealer responded (via Facebook):

"Regal & Nautique of Orlando: Yes sir. Let us know what the best date is and we are in!!"

I also took the next step and contacted Skiers Choice's marketing guy.

This is like 2005 all over again

Jason B, a little background on Clermont reunions...

Default 3rd Annual "Florida" Supra / Moomba Jamboree/Owner

NEWS RELEASE

3RD ANNUAL MOOMBA / SUPRA JAMBOREE AND OWNER'S REUNION
    CO-SPONSERED BY: WATERSPORTS OF CENTRAL AND SKIER'S CHOICE

On Saturday, May 12, 2007 the third annual Moomba / Supra Jamboree and Owners reunion, which took place at the beautiful Lake Louisa State Park in Clermont, Florida, was a huge success. It was attended by twice the amount of people that attended last year. The weather was beautiful and 174 people had a great time. There were also 32 Moomba and Supra boats in the water for all the activities.

Plenty of food and drinks were supplied, catered by Sonny's Bar-B-Que and sponsored by Watersports of Central Florida and Skier's Choice.

Throughout the day, everyone was treated to wakeboarding, wakeskating, wakesurfing, skiing, boat rides and exhibitions by the "Pros". Look at this list of "Pros" everyone got to mingle with; Ben Greenwood, Austin Hair, Reed Hansen, Trevor Hansen, Josh Sanders, Kyle Schmidt and Russ Wilde. They also had an autograph session, which many of the attendees enjoyed. Andy Hansen (Reed and Trevor's father) also brought their awesome Supra Launch 24 SSV and sponsored an instructional clinic with Reed. For those who missed this busy activity, perhaps you can get out to "World Wakeboard Center" in Groveland, Florida (352-429-3574) for some of the best instruction in the world.

Boat owners and guest participated in a drawing for all kinds of boat accessories. Sponsors, Watersports of Central Florida and Skier's Choice conducted the drawing and gave away prizes donated by suppliers: Extreme, Island Surfer, Kenwood, Kicker, Indmar, Norcross Marine, O'Brien, O.J., Skier's Choice, Ski Tree, The Walker Project, Wakezone and Watersports of Central Florida. A donation to Lake Louisa State Park was presented by the sponsors.

Skier's Choice was represented by Michael Littman, Natalie Carrera, Jay Warren, Brian Raymond and Trey Tiller. Indmars, Larry Englebert, was also a welcome addition. Watersports of Central Florida was represented by Bob, Sandie, Grant and David Campbell, Rob and Becky Alderman,
    Lisa and Taylor Cassidy, Mike Broderick and Amber Roberson. One of the premier promoters of this event and past Jamborees, Ed Geary was there all day with his family.

All in all this was an outstanding event that was enjoyed by all and gave everyone that feeling of,
    "Boating and watersports are one of the great pleasures of life".

!!! THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME AND ENJOYED OUR TIME TOGETHER !!!
    Last edited by Ed_Geary; 02-11-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post

In my opinion, taint no better place than Lake Louisa State Park on the Clermont Chain of Lakes.

well I think you would find your opinion would be different if you got out and visited some lakes -within a days tow that is north of us. My .02
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Hey Stacy!

You may be right - but when private ramps to the chain of lakes are only 1/4 mile from my house, why go elsewhere?

Traveling with the boat just ain't my thing. Going to Land O Lakes was pushing my limit.

Kane intended this to be a brainstorming thread. What lakes north of us do you suggest for a large southeast jam?

e

Any big water lake a days tow north of us, that way people a days tow north can come south--middle ground so to speak, Clermont is just to far south for most that are in the northsoutheast-again my .02
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Nothing is carved in stone. Clermont is just a suggestion - part of the brainstorming process.

The Orlando dealer won't be broken hearted if we don't use him as a sponsor.

Throw out some more .02's where you would like to see a jam take place (lake names).

Yes, I did start this for brainstorming. That's why I didn't post any criticism of Ed's idea for Clermont. On the other hand, there's no way I'm going to Lake Louisa and definitely never camping there again. Those are some of the worst lakes I've ever seen. Anyway, it needs to be more central to the SE. Ed, if you want to have the 2005 jam again, please feel free to start your own thread.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

"Those are some of the worst lakes I've ever seen"

Really? You've only been on 2 of them - and that was during the drought.

I agree - camping in the "family" campground (without an RV) at Lake Louisa does suck.

So did that other Florida State campground we were at. What was that - Lake Griffen?

I don't think Florida state parks are all that "tent" friendly.

I apologize. When you wrote " It's been a few years since we attended a big owners' meet up".... I took you literally.
    Last edited by Ed_Geary; 02-14-2017 at 02:25 PM.