Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

[QUOTE=Ed_Geary;301323], I wrote there was no interest in another large reunion. See Stacy's last response./QUOTE]

I was not speaking for everyone, just my personal opinion. If a large reunion is wanted by the masses then you may have ruined that from having SC participate
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

"If a large reunion is wanted by the masses then you may have ruined that from having SC participate"

True.

But, I wouldn't do that.

Don't worry - I informed SC and the Orlando Moomba Dealer that my large Clermont reunion idea had been poo pooed, and it seemed that somewhere north of Florida was the most favored location by those contributing to the brainstorming thread.

So....SC now knows there is an interest in having them involved in a Southeastern event, and anyone who cares to, can pick up where I left off and get SC involved in a reunion elsewhere.
    Last edited by Ed_Geary; 02-25-2017 at 09:17 AM.

The first sentence in Kaneboat's original post in this thread was: "It's been a few years since we attended a big owners' meet up."

Let's brainstorm on deciding what type of event to hold before trying to decide on a location...

Is there any interest in having "a big owner's meet up" where Skiers Choice and a local Skiers Choice dealer is involved?

Usually this type of event is great fun and a memorable experience with plenty of souvenirs to take home, usually has a catered lunch provided and some type of planned entertainment for all. It typically concludes that evening.

The other option is an event planned by a couple of Supra/Moomba owners - where people gather with their boats, do their own thing on a lake for the day and meet up in the evening for a meal and social get together. It can continue to the next day.

Please join in on this brainstorming thread and state which option might encourage you to participate.

For those of you who are no longer Supra or Moomba owners or don't wish to tow your boat for long distances, I'm sure you will find others to invite you to join them on their Skiers Choice product.
    Last edited by Ed_Geary; 02-26-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    The other option is an event planned by a couple of Supra/Moomba owners - where people gather with their boats, do their own thing on a lake for the day and meet up in the evening for a meal and social get together. It can continue to the next day.
    This is what a few guys started on the Supra page. 8-12 boats each year. Other boats are welcome. Mostly local, but some road-trip to get there. Smaller crowd does have some advantages.

Living in TN, I would travel to adjoining states (weekend trip) b/c of committed vacations/trips already. Summer will book-up fast - February is already gone.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ion-6th-Annual

https://www.facebook.com/events/1829...tab=discussion

I was kind of counting on going this year with my boat. Clermont would be to far for me. That is my .02.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

A lake where there is hotels nearby. That would be good.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Hey Jack,

Clermont was just an initial idea of mine. It has been ruled out as a possible location - to far south for most people.

Not very many Moomba's in Central Florida anymore

sorry to bring this back to life. But What about lake norris tennessee? Too far north? plenty of hotels or floating houses for rent. not to mention some of the nicest water in the area.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    2015 Moomba Mojo(sold)
    2011 Axis A22
    2006 Honda arx1200
    2006 Moomba Lsv
    2008 Moomba XLV gravity edition

Default Idea? Great Southeastern Moomba/Supra Owners' Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    Here is how I would have worded the initial post - a lot less "I want this, I want that, it has to meet my schedule".

"If you are located in Al, Ga or SC, please indicate if you have any interest in participating in an owners "reunion" this summer.

If there is enough interest shown in having such an event, it is possible to have it sponsored by the local Skiers Choice Supra/Moomba dealer and Skiers Choice. We could possibly have a large, fun filled, one or two day event take place.

Past reunions such as this have had catered lunches, attended by Skiers Choice employees, owners raffles with awesome gifts given out to Supra/Moomba owners, and have been memorable events for all who have attended and shared the boating lifestyle with fellow Skiers Choice owners.

This is a brainstorming thread, so please state were you would like to have such an event held, and what dates would be best for you.

All suggestions are welcome."
    I am not currently an SC owner but it is very likely I will be in 18'. How about planning for summer 18'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are willing to help you guys out with any ideas and tips for your event. We are hosting our 7th annual event in Texas again and it's only grown larger and larger.

If you put something together, contact sponsors and vendors, they will be happy to donate and be part of something like this. This year we have 22 sponsors including Skiers Choice, two dealers in Texas, Hyperlite, Gatorstep, Boat Bling, FAE, Phase 5, Soulcraft Boards, Evolution Covers, etc etc. List goes on.

If you have any questions or need pointers, contact myself, David Langston or Dusty.

Good luck to you guys!!