Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Idea? Great Southeastern Moomba/Supra Owners' Jam

It's been a few years since we attended a big owners' meet up. I thought I would open a discussion to see if there is interest and if there are ideas for a place to meet. I would be up for a 2-3 day meetup somewhere. It would be nice if it was within a 5 hour tow of me (Tallahassee), but that includes most of AL, GA or SC. We would need lodging/hotel available at fairly reasonable prices. Camping on the same lake would be very cool as well-- we have done that in the past. Nothing like being able to pull the boat up to the campsite. We would probably need to schedule a Th-F-Sat or a Sat-Sun-Mon to include some weekend days for folks who cannot take off work. I kind of like including a weekday for riding and weekend day for hanging out. Also, best to avoid the big holidays and plan sometime between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

This is the brainstorming page so if you have ideas for dates, locations, sponsors, etc. throw 'em out there and let's have us a get together!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

PICT0024.jpg

In my opinion, taint no better place than Lake Louisa State Park on the Clermont Chain of Lakes. Chain is at higher than normal lake levels, so one can cruise the entire chain.

3 Skiers Choice sponsored Supra/Moomba Owners Jamborees were held here. last one attracted 40 boats and 170 people.

Camp sites, rental cabins, public bathrooms (with showers), public beach, areas to beach a bunch of boats (on very soft sand) and now there are 2 restaurants on one of the lakes and three hotels within 6 miles of the park.

2 public boat ramps are close with butt load of parking spaces.

We could possibly persuade some of the best wakeboarders in the world to pay us a visit - they live close by
    Last edited by Ed_Geary; 02-09-2017 at 02:04 PM.

and....for those with families wishing to extend their visit a little longer, Disney World is only 20 minutes away.

Oh, forgot to also mention...there is also a marina where one can rent boats...in case one wants to join in and not have to tow their boat.

depending on time and location, I'd be down. love to put a face to some names..
    would not be able to camp as that would exceed the maximum number of pieces of luggage southwest would allow
    so hotel close by would be preferable.

and could give a crap about proximity to ratworld(as Ed refers to it)
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Scott, you fly in and we'll find room for you in somebody's boat.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Looking at calendar it would have to be June 9-11, June 23-25, July 14-16, July 21-23, July 28-30, Aug. 11-13, Aug. 18-20. Have to avoid weekend before and after July 4. The mid June week is out for me too b/c of a 50th anniversary party in Jacksonville I can't miss (also a big week for graduation parties so good one to skip anyway.)
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

pick a date and place so I can find me some cheap flights
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

here's the link to the marina in Clermont:

http://cypresscovemarina.com/

One MIGHT be able to put up a tent near a boat slip - I don't know

The Wakeboard Camp (staffed by some Supra team riders) is now located in this marina.
    Last edited by Ed_Geary; 02-10-2017 at 12:16 PM.

You got a sponsor. What a better way to promote the product than with the people who own it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD