Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Rak, I went with 8 feet each of power and ground wire (4 awg) in order to do 2 amps. Haven't gotten to install yet but will soon. Should be plenty. Ordered from Knu konceptz as suggested on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks I'm planning or ordering from them as well. I guessin 3-4 feet on the wire from the batteries and the 8 ft you suggested seems pretty conservative and should be enough. I'll probably get my RCAs from them also. They seem pretty good on their prices and have a lot of folks out there using them.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    Alright guys my build start date is next week and I have almost every the figured out just a few more questions.

1) Anyone know what length cable I'd need to buy to upgrade the 2ga power/negative to the 1/0.
    2) Same with the 4ga for the amps. What's a safe estimate for amp wire length to avoid ordering to short or way to much?
    3) RCAs. Should I run splitters at the HU and separate cable to both amps or keep the factory cable and split at the amp end.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of now.

Also anyone with the '17 Craz does the A3 tower come drilled and taped at the factory speaker mount so I can just mount the Revs with xmounts and adapters or is there more work to it.

Thanks. I'm getting the bug with and empty garage and nothing to work on.
    1) 4 foot tops from battery to factory block.
    2) 3 foot or less for each amp.
    3) you should have another RCA output (rear) from HU. I would use these and run a new line to amplifer as splitting the current RCA diminishes output voltage.
    Show a pic of your tower and I can tell you for sure what is needed. Some of the Moomba towers require modification to fit in factory location, so a pic will help me know what tower.

Ok new question. I'm was pretty excited that the Fusion HU that comes with the Craz has a built in zone control but bummed to find out it only works when the speakers are hard wired into the HU. Since there's only one set of RCA outs and they control zone 1. I know everyone will say buy an EQ with zone control but I'm coming close to my budget limit on audio at the moment so. What if I got what's in the link below and hooked it to the Zone 2 wires coming out of HU. Wouldn't that give the zone control back to the Fusion Head Unit.

Has anyone used something like this before and if so do you lose and sound quality?

https://www.amazon.com/Level-Convert.../dp/B0072793NE
    2008 LSV on the way out

You are correct on hu. You are also on the right track for converting speaker wires into rca. I was never able to get a straight answer on how this device would impact sound.

Hu still does not work like an eq you would buy. You can set max levels only. I think you will want an eq in the end and so if budget is tight I would wait until you can do eq( there is a good price on one on this forum right now).

I had to send my eq back to exile and went several months without. The stereo jammed just fine. So save your bucks for now and do it right once later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    Ok new question. I'm was pretty excited that the Fusion HU that comes with the Craz has a built in zone control but bummed to find out it only works when the speakers are hard wired into the HU. Since there's only one set of RCA outs and they control zone 1. I know everyone will say buy an EQ with zone control but I'm coming close to my budget limit on audio at the moment so. What if I got what's in the link below and hooked it to the Zone 2 wires coming out of HU. Wouldn't that give the zone control back to the Fusion Head Unit.

Has anyone used something like this before and if so do you lose and sound quality?

https://www.amazon.com/Level-Convert.../dp/B0072793NE
    A line output convertor can definitely degrade audio quality. Some, not all, amplifiers can process a speaker level HU output without such a convertor, whether by having separate high level inputs, or a selectable RCA input level with a differential input. If you need to add something external, use a dual line driver controller, like the Kicker or two JL Audio. These items will give you the dual zone control less expensively than an EQ and in a cleaner manner than an EQ by not extending the signal path with long to and from RCA cables. Also, these components give you dual zone control at your fingertips with the smallest possible footprint....just two small rotary controls.

Did you want 2 or 3 zones?

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Did you want 2 or 3 zones?

I really just want the two zones. Planned on putting the towers on the RCAs for zone one with the possibility of putting the cabins on zone two with the converter. I was thinking that with the unit made by the same company(Fusion) they would match up nice without too much lose in signal.
    But if it does than I'm only out $20 for the converter. Then I guess I'll just toss it buy some RCA splitters and run one zone until I can pull for a real EQ.

Am I on the wrong track of thinking?
    2008 LSV on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    A line output convertor can definitely degrade audio quality. Some, not all, amplifiers can process a speaker level HU output without such a convertor, whether by having separate high level inputs, or a selectable RCA input level with a differential input. If you need to add something external, use a dual line driver controller, like the Kicker or two JL Audio. These items will give you the dual zone control less expensively than an EQ and in a cleaner manner than an EQ by not extending the signal path with long to and from RCA cables. Also, these components give you dual zone control at your fingertips with the smallest possible footprint....just two small rotary controls.
    Listen to David. That converter will make your signal worse. Don't do it. They make cheap zone controllers like David said. That would be okay.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I have the kicker zone controllers in my boat & they are awesome. I have 4 zones of audio: cabin, bow, tower & subs. Custom installed where the ACC switches were.

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

So, $100 for the kicker to control 2 zones... Or $219 for the Wetsounds 420SQ on Amazon. I know what I'd do...
    https://www.amazon.com/Wet-Sounds-WS.../dp/B00DNK10HG
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com