Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Default '17 Craz Audio Questions.

Guys, Got the Craz on order and had a couple questions that I couldn't find the answers to.

1. We opted for the additional bow speakers with amp but not the subwoofer. If I get a sub to install myself would it be able to run off the same amp. As in if it came from the factory with the sub installed would it have came with a different amp or just tied into the one that came with the bow speakers.

2. Kinda on a budget after dropping money on the boat and was wondering about tower speakers. We have 2 REV10s and a REV410 on our current boat and they are staying with it when we get the new one. Awesome speakers but we never really got the full potential out of them. Don't really wakeboard much anymore just really surf and don't want to kill everybody in the boat with volume. Thinking about Exile Surf speakers or WS ICON8s(are they kind of the same?)

3. I keep seeing tower pods that are built using Wet Sounds 6.5s or similar sized speakers. Are they adequate for surf distance and just basic parking in a cove speakers. Would they do until we can afford better equipment.

4. Finally what kind of amp would be needed to power the any of the above speakers. I haven't really messed with installing amps myself in about 20 years so I know a lot has changed but I'm sure I can get it done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

1) good choice to go with the extra pair. I do not know what amp is used on that option level, but I doubt Moomba would put an amp in that would be mare than is needed. They likely fitted the boat with amp that will just to the job of driving the 3 pair of in-boats.

2) Yes, as in they are both an 8" coaxial with a 1" dome tweeter. Similar power handling. Both offer fixed tube clamps, direct mount, swivel mount options, Both companies offer speaker covers.

If you are in the Atlanta/Lanier area, AVC Marine should be able to demo the Wet Sounds Icon-8 for you. As well as answer amp questions and such.

3) I would suggest 2 pair if you go the 6.5" coaxial route. Drive them to their potential will be better than a single pair that gets the snot driven out of them. However, two pair of a quality setup would likely be the price range of an 8" tower coaxial setup. You should also check out the Kicker KM8 as another options.

4) First need to make the speaker choice. At that point, amp options are easy to make. Lots of quality marine amps from Wet Sounds, Kicker, JL, Rockford, etc. Id suggest a class-D for sure though.

It sounds like we're in the same boat, pun intended.

I ordered the same boat, with only the bow speaker/amp package and have since purchased a sub/amp/box and tower speakers/amp.

I chose to buy a matching sub to the factory offers so the speaker covers all match, plus I've heard good things. I also purchased a box to mount it in vs just mounting it to the panel like they do from the factory. Based on what I've read the amp for the in-boat speakers will not support the sub, so I purchased a separate amp for that. I also went with a pair of Rev10's with a single amp as I had Icon8's on my last boat, and realistically they were fine for what we do but these weren't that much more (on sale) and look great mounted on the Craz tower. I'm not much of an audiophile, nor do I wakeboard much, but I wanted my boat to look on point, lol.

Thanks for the info guys.

If I don't really want to reach 65 feet back do y'all think the coaxial route should be the way to go? Are 2 pairs of 6.5s going to be as powerful or around the same as a one pair of 8s?

Guy. What kind of box did you get for the sub? Does it still leave plenty of room for you feet and other stuff under the wheel?
    2008 LSV on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post

If you are in the Atlanta/Lanier area, AVC Marine should be able to demo the Wet Sounds Icon-8 for you. As well as answer amp questions and such. .
    Call Chris Shakespeare @ 770.906.7331 and tell him I said he needs to hook you up!

He can pick your boat up from Atlanta Marine and have you ready to go before you even take possession so you won;t have to come back to the ATL.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Call Chris Shakespeare @ 770.906.7331 and tell him I said he needs to hook you up!

He can pick your boat up from Atlanta Marine and have you ready to go before you even take possession so you won;t have to come back to the ATL.
    I'd love to give them some business. Seen nothing but top notch installs from them. Unfortunately I think they'll be a little out of my price range for a season or two.
    2008 LSV on the way out

If you want to stay kicker, you could do an 800.5 amp that will power 2 10s under helm & a pair of 8" KM8s on your tower. If you want more power then do what I did...4 10s under helm, 4 8s on tower & 2 800.5s.

Trust me you will love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

If you want, I might be willing to sell my 2 amps & 4 10s to save you some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    I'd love to give them some business. Seen nothing but top notch installs from them. Unfortunately I think they'll be a little out of my price range for a season or two.
    I'm in the ATL now, on Lake Lanier, if you are willing to put in the work, I will give you my time and we can do your install and save you a lot of coin bud.

Let me know.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I'm in the ATL now, on Lake Lanier, if you are willing to put in the work, I will give you my time and we can do your install and save you a lot of coin bud.

Let me know.
    That's why this site rocks. Always someone willing help out.

Thank You Sir

I'm always willing to put in the work. All the way on the south side so it might be hard to get up there sometimes but will definitely be picking your brain.
    2008 LSV on the way out