Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    That's why this site rocks. Always someone willing help out.

Thank You Sir

I'm always willing to put in the work. All the way on the south side so it might be hard to get up there sometimes but will definitely be picking your brain.
    I don't have the room here anyhow, but I can come to you. We can work something out. LOL

Now you want to bring your boat to Lanier, I have a ramp half mile from my house thats never busy, and I have more then enough room on my dock for you to tie up, plenty of beer, food and chairs to relax on LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    If you want, I might be willing to sell my 2 amps & 4 10s to save you some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think I could sell the wife on 4 10s but if you get ready to move them and the amps hit me up.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.

If I don't really want to reach 65 feet back do y'all think the coaxial route should be the way to go? Are 2 pairs of 6.5s going to be as powerful or around the same as a one pair of 8s?

Guy. What kind of box did you get for the sub? Does it still leave plenty of room for you feet and other stuff under the wheel?
    Yes, coaxials are the way to go, however, the 10" Wet Sounds Rev-10 HLCD is the exception. With its extra surface area, it really balances out with powerful compression driver.

The difference between 2 pair of 6.5 and a single pair of 8": The 4 6.5" has more surface area, both in the mid-bass come and tweeter, so it will deliver greater peak output compare to two 8". However, the larger 8" will deliver deeper mid-bass, netting a smoother more natural sound. But with proper power, the 8" will deliver plenty of output. The typical 8 will also handle more wattage than the typical 6.5", so we can also drive the single pair of 8" with more wattage then a single pair of 6.5", which equals more output.

For sub box, I would really suggest a custom built box that A) fits the boat and B) is designed to optimize the woofer and C) an enclosure thats designed for the marine environment. You wont get these from an off the shelf box. Executed right, you may not lose any leg room under the helm.

That explains alot and makes more sense now. Now the hard part in deciding to go 2 or 4 speakers on the tower. Four always looks better but I like the deeper mid-bass and don't think a pair of 8s with a pair of 6.5s would be a cost effective option.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

I totally get the look of 2 pods v's 4 pods. There can be some challenges with mixing different size speakers, mainly the amp selection. From a cost position, there may not be much of a cost difference between four 8" and two 6.5" and two 8". At that point, step up to four 8". The amp choice to drive the 2 pair of same size/type speakers is much easier also.

Default '17 Craz Audio Questions.

I am installing a set of matching bow speakers, that I got off Brett, and will be powering those off the deck. I also purchased a kicker 800.5 to run the in boats in the cockpit and a 12" kicker sub in a box under the helm. For the towers I got a pair of the kicker KMT 6.5 inch tower speaker sets that I will be running off another kicker 400.4 amp that I will bridge. I plan to see how all this works first, and if there isn't enough sound from the 6.5 towers I will add another pair of KM8's and another amp for those.

2017 Moomba Craz

You should run the additional bow speakers off the 800.5 also, instead of the head unit.

channels 1 and 2 to the 4 cockpit speakers, channels 3 and 4 to the bow, and 5th channel for sub.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Good idea. I'll just have to adjust the gain to the front speakers so that they aren't out of balance the cockpit speakers

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Good idea. I'll just have to adjust the gain to the front speakers so that they aren't out of balance the cockpit speakers

Yes, you should drive the bow speakers with the amp. It will do this without hesitation. Depending on the head unit, you can still have the ability to fade as well.

Just note that the 400.4 may not like those KMT67 bridged. It has a lower than 4 ohm impedance and tends to put an amp into protect mode when bridged on a 4 chnl amp. The KXM400.2 is a more stable options and the Wet Sounds HTX-2 would push then a little better.

Just measured the KMT67 and they are 3.8Ω each at the speaker. I then attached 2m of 16ga wire to one and remeasured and it's right at 4.1Ω. It should be ok. We'll see!
    In retrospect the 400.2 would have been better as it's 2Ω stable for 200W x 2.

Last edited by Stazi; 02-09-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    2017 Moomba Craz