Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Dusty,that makes sense. I didn't think it would be powering the ICON that low but I guess it would.

KG, I don't think I can swing the Rev10's. Wife was tired of banging her head on the 8s and 485 on our LSV. Planing on starting with one set of ICONs and bumping up to a second later if I feel it needs it.

Will the SYN4 be good for two sets? I'm guessing so.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Kinda put the cart before the horse on the syn4. I mentioned 10s bc its a perfect match wattage wise.

With 8s, you are going to be underpowered in almost all scenarios.

What is the full set of components you will be working with? Any other amps?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

The height of the new towers and the different placement may keep your head clear of the rev10 compared to the lsv. You might be surprised at the clearance, and the amp you picked up is the perfect choice for a single pair of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Kinda put the cart before the horse on the syn4. I mentioned 10s bc its a perfect match wattage wise.

With 8s, you are going to be underpowered in almost all scenarios.

What is the full set of components you will be working with? Any other amps?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    You're right about that. Let's just say I got a smoking deal on the amp and didn't want to pass it up. Right now all the boat will have are the four factory cabin speakers plus the upgraded bow speaker/amp package.
    2008 LSV on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    The height of the new towers and the different placement may keep your head clear of the rev10 compared to the lsv. You might be surprised at the clearance, and the amp you picked up is the perfect choice for a single pair of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Yeah the towers are higher just didn't know how much. Kinda getting ahead of myself just wanted to get everything lined up so when the build is finished I'll have everything ready.
    2008 LSV on the way out

Get the 10's. You would never need to upgrade. I bet 2 rev 10's sound better than 4 icon 8's and overall less investment.
    2017 Supra SA

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Get the 10's. You would never need to upgrade. I bet 2 rev 10's sound better than 4 icon 8's and overall less investment.
    +1. I was on the fence for headroom reasons coming from my last boat with a pair of Icon8's but now that I have the pair of Rev10's mounted on my Craz I don't see how they'll ever be in the way.

Here's an in progress picture from last week. The factory mount tucks it up and back really nice so you still have plenty of room down the middle.

I have no issue with a Icon-8 driven @ 125W rms off a chnl of a Syn-4 for example. Yes, its certainly not driving an 8" speaker to its full potential. Will it blow the speaker......no. In reality, the 8" speaker will play louder than lets say a 6.5" speaker thats powered with similar wattage.

Is 400W for a woofer good bad in between? thats a matter of perception, expectations, goals and past experience. Drive a 400W 10" or 12" with 2-3 pair of moderate powered 6.5" in-boats and you've got a good setup. Put that woofer in a ported enclosure, and you get even more output, with no additional amp wattage.

My only concern with this setup is having the 2 hardest driven zones on the same amp. However, the Syn-4 has proven itself to be a beast and take a ton of abuse. Its a big heavy amp with excellent cooling. It can run summed mono on the tower, which I really like.

its also a great base for building on a future end-game system. This amp could be re-purposed down the road for the 3 pair of in-boats for example.

Thanks for the reply guys. You've talked me out of the sub for now on this amp.

But Guy you really suck. I've been looking at REV10s all day.

Didn't really want to go that big as we don't really jam out all the time with lots of people. Are the 10s HLCDs less harsh then previous models like to PRO80s? Just don't want the guys in the boat throwing things at me cause their ears are ringing.
    2008 LSV on the way out