Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

So I'm looking at some speaker mounts. Does anyone know the tube diameter for the Aviator 3 tower. Also where the best mounting locations are. Haven't really decided on speakers yet just noticing that some are not universal clamps but need the exact tower dementions.

Thanks
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Another question. Will the Wet Sounds Xmount bolt directly to the A3 and does Exile offer something like the Xmount if it does work?
    2008 LSV on the way out

Wet sounds and exile share the same direct bolt up hole pattern. To go further, someone correct me if wrong, but are Wet Sounds tower speaker not an option for 2017? And i believe I seen them in the X-Mount configuration.

Yes, Wetsounds is now a factory option in 17 with the A3 tower.

Unfortunately it is setup where the pass thru wiring is not utilized? Kind of a bummer for cleanliness.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 02-16-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Awesome. I knew they were an option just didn't want to pay their price at the time of build. So. If I get the Wet Sounds or Exiles will they bolt to the same locations or will a hole need to be drilled in the tower. Also is there a reason if I do the instal myself why I wouldn't be able to run the wiring thru the mount?
    2008 LSV on the way out

Rakk,

If you look close at the 2nd pic KG posted, you will see that the speaker pod mounts to a flat stock metal plate. There is no where for the wire to go through that plate. However, the adapters have the wires exit through the side of the adapter so the wire routes as it would with any other speaker option you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Rakk,

If you look close at the 2nd pic KG posted, you will see that the speaker pod mounts to a flat stock metal plate. There is no where for the wire to go through that plate. However, the adapters have the wires exit through the side of the adapter so the wire routes as it would with any other speaker option you choose.
    I see it now thanks. For some reason when I first looked at the pic I thought it was just an oval connecting tube and not flat bar stock.
    2008 LSV on the way out

I'm pretty sure that picture is using Moomba's factory option wetsounds mount. I ordered just the mounts with my boat and bought the Rev10's separately.

Hope it's ok to ask a question in your thread....how are you guys running the wiring for the sub/amp? Like from the battery compartment to under the dash where the sub is?
    Boatless for now

I wonder it you can buy just the adapters/mounts separately

And no by all means ask everything you want because I probably will too.

I want to have everything thing concerning the Craz figured out by the time it gets here. Can't wait and they won't even start the build for another month I'm guessing.
    2008 LSV on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    I wonder it you can buy just the adapters/mounts separately

And no by all means ask everything you want because I probably will too.

I want to have everything thing concerning the Craz figured out by the time it gets here. Can't wait and they won't even start the build for another month I'm guessing.
    That's what I did. They are like $200 from the dealer.

I'm taking deliver of my Craz Saturday and plan to spend the weekend in the garage with a few buddies installing all the goodies I've picked up over the past couple months. I'll be sure to post a thread and hopefully be able to answer some things for you as well.
    Boatless for now