Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Trailer tie downs

I think I asked this but can not find it.... what transom tie downs do you current boat owners use and does anyone know what is used if you order them on the trailer. I have a boat on order and preciously had a Moomba but seeing what is used now

I use these....nice and convenient

http://www.etrailer.com/Cargo-Tie-Do.../IMF08893.html
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

/thread

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

When I ordered my 2015, I added the retractable tie-downs option and it came with Star brite retractable tie-downs from the factory. On my previous boat and Sea-Doo trailers I have installed the Boatbuckle retractable tie-downs myself. After using both brands I much prefer how the Boatbuckles operate. Maybe someone with a newer boat can chime in to see if they still install Star brite from the factory.
    2015 Mondo
    1997 Monterey 196 (gone but not forgotten)

I seen some of those quick tie downs at Gander Mountain over this past weekend. I do not remember what they cost but will check it out again when I go back.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Max Surf edition
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X

I bought the erikson straps and after about a year, they stop retracting. I've had 2 sets quit their spring-loaded retract. That reminds me to contact the manufacturer again to get my 2nd set replaced...

they were half the price of the boatmates, but they're certainly not lasting...

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Trailer tie downs

I ordered factory transom straps on my 16' but am unsure what the brand is. I would like to note that they are not meant to be hooked up to the eyelets on the transom of the boat. Hook them to the eyelets under the swim platform. My dealership had them hooked up incorrectly when I originally picked up my boat and the surf tabs wore through the nylon. The straps where replaced under warranty but it is an easy mistake to avoid. The picture illustrates how to hook them up wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo

I picked up mine at bass pro for half the price of dealer. 2" wide strap retractables for $50. Same what comes from dealer or boatmate but has bass pro sticker that was easy to remove.
    Work to live!!
    2015 mondo
    Aviator tower
    Auto flow
    94 rinker 180 gone

Is there a good place to put the retractable straps with the newer boats since they not only have the wake plate but the surf plates? Or are you needing to drill new holes?

The platform has hooks built into it that the straps connect to.

Last edited by KG's Supra24; 02-09-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded