Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Yessir.

The OJ 945 15 X 13 was good with Enzos & lead but kinda struggles when I add a 1000lb sumo sac. It can barely get to 11mph.

I told the ACME rep I primarily surf and run around 5,600lbs of ballast, the 2937 was the recommendation even though Wakemakers prop-finder suggested the 2419 15 X 12.

We may not have high altitude but the rep reminded me our hot humid air is a heat soak for the Raptor.

I'm guessing I'll top out around 27-28mph but I don't really care about that.

My crew tends to run on the small side so we sack it out.

I hope to do some water testing this weekend

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Nice man!! I am jealous about this weekend. The weather looks great!! You will have to report back with some RPMs at surf speed and top speed. It will be interesting to hear how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I have the OJ 945 and it’s been great. I only run 4200 lbs, but plan to add 400-600 of lead and a 400lb sac at some point. My crew is only about 3-6 people. I’m
    New to owning this type of boat. How are you not getting swamped with eaves over the bow with all that ballast. I’ve already taken a few over the bow, albeit I’m new and still learning. Our lake is always fairly busy and we haven’t found much glass yet, so when we surf it’s usually rough conditions. I’d be interested in getting some more low end torque. Eager to see how the new prop works.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    I’m
    New to owning this type of boat. How are you not getting swamped with eaves over the bow with all that ballast. I’ve already taken a few over the bow, albeit I’m new and still learning.
    Often it has to do with the direction you're turning. I've seen many people do this, did this myself at first when I was learning. When your rider falls and you turn to pick him/her up, first just wait a few secs an let the waves pass by, but, if in a hurry, make sure turn towards the non-surf side. If you turn toward surf side is when you get the huge surf waves over the bow. You may already know this but I thought I'd throw that out since I see so many people make that mistake. My wife still does it every once in a while.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

How are you not getting swamped with eaves over the bow with all that ballast. I’ve already taken a few over the bow, albeit I’m new and still learning. .
    This is super easy...just slow your roll.

The moment I see the rider go down, I back off the throttle in a slow linear fashion and let the wave pass me. Then I'm free and clear to return to the rider without catching a roller over the bow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I have the OJ 945 and it’s been great. I only run 4200 lbs, but plan to add 400-600 of lead and a 400lb sac at some point. My crew is only about 3-6 people. I’m
    New to owning this type of boat. How are you not getting swamped with eaves over the bow with all that ballast. I’ve already taken a few over the bow, albeit I’m new and still learning. Our lake is always fairly busy and we haven’t found much glass yet, so when we surf it’s usually rough conditions. I’d be interested in getting some more low end torque. Eager to see how the new prop works.
    This is a visual of how to do it right, like the others said, throttle down, let wave pass you then slowly return to rider. Power turns are bad for everyone.
    https://youtu.be/2iJloY9Rp_o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Excellent feedback.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4