Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need some help picking.. moomba vs axis??

Hi guys, I always value other boat owners opinion so I would like to get some thoughts. I am looking to get into another boat in the next couple weeks and I have found some good deals on a 2016 mojo and a 2016 t23. I wanted to get some thoughts from you guys as to which route to go. Both are loaded with trailers with under 100 hours and under 60k out the door.

I'm pretty familiar with the differences between the t23 and it's Malibu counter part. What I am unsure of is the quality and option difference between the moomba and Supra. From what I could tell on water the axis has as good a wake and driveability as the Malibu but is just lacking the "extras" and goodies the Malibu offered. Both have a 5 year power train warranty which is a huge plus to me. I have never been on a moomba on water so look forward to the demo.

Can some of you guys give me the pointers between the mojo and Supra. Quality difference, wake size, performance, warranty etc? I know 2017 mojo offer a 5 year warranty, anyone know if the 2016 is the same?

For those wondering, the boat will be a family boat so of course I want it to be well versed in all aspects. We board, surf, tube etc but the most important aspect to me is the wakeboard wake and the long term durability. We will be upgrading from a 2004 Supra launch ssv which has been a wonderful boat but I'm looking forward to a long future with whatever we end up going with.

Lastly if you can think of any better boats that meet my needs for under $60k I'm all ears.

Thanks!
    Last edited by onebadssv; 01-29-2017 at 05:05 PM.

I was in a similar situation last year. I was upgrading from a 2006 24ssv and shopped the A24 and Mojo. I found a solid deal on a dealer demo A24 Vandall and thought I was going to switch over. However, after spending time sitting in both, I feared I'd end up hating the Axis interior. I know they are both budget boats, but the Axis seemed too budget when spending 60k. It really didn't seem much better than my 10 year old Supra.

We opted to order a Mojo and haven't looked back. At the time, I felt like I was buying the best all around boat but was likely sacrificing wake cleanliness/performance. While it MAY be true, I haven't given it a second thought. We have been very happy with both our wave and wake.

I've driven a new Malibu and thought the Moomba w/ auto flow 2 was much simpler to drive than a surfgate boat.

Like I said, we haven't second guessed at all since finishing up .........

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I'm getting into a 2017 Mojo and can't wait. My Moomba experience comes from the Craz and I was the same, it was all about the wake for myself. Ended my 2016 season after using a few Craz and lastly getting into a 2015 (new) SC550. I would say the biggest difference between Supra and Moomba is computer. This vision dash on Supra is something else and controls the whole boat. Moomba seemed to have mostly what Supra had just on a lighter scale. Between the 2 boats I like stuff more then the other on both but never felt I was in a budget boat with my Moomba's. Interior seemed a little more plush on the Supra and the flooring was by far the best on the market. My first Craz had the snap out nonskid and man was it nice to clean. The Supra had some snap out synthetic flooring and it never really got hot and also very easy to clean. Supra did feel a little more "luxury" with the bling n things. I'm confident you demo a Mojo and you will fall in love. Here's a quick shot of my Craz wake with just stock weight. It was so fun!
    IMG_1031.jpg
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

One thing I noticed while helping my dealer at the Cincinnati boat show was that moomba was better built than the axis at most levels. The one thing I noticed crawling over both boats was the sharp edges left on the window frames and in finished areas of the axis. Some I didn't know until they sent me shoping on Sunday was the Moomba and Supra line are rated with full ballest from the manufacturer. The axis dealers have to install the bags and should tell the customer to reduce that amount from the total capacity of the people or weight.

I couldn't agree more I have a 16 Craz loaded and thought I would have bought the A22 when shopping but moomba has a much better fit n finish. In your mind the axis is a Malibu Not even close. Malibu is better than moomba but moomba is better than axis

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    I couldn't agree more I have a 16 Craz loaded and thought I would have bought the A22 when shopping but moomba has a much better fit n finish. In your mind the axis is a Malibu Not even close. Malibu is better than moomba but moomba is better than axis
    Some would argue that Moomba interior is now nicer than both Malibu and Axis. In an effort to produce solid returns for shareholders Malibu had to cut costs somewhere and those cuts came from the interior. Look at the stitching and all of the squared corners or the speaker panels. It's not the same boat it was even 2 yrs ago.

I'm quite confident in going head to head with our nicely optioned Craz vs Malibu 21vlx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

I don't think you will be disappointed with a moomba. They have really stepped it up in recent years. Beautiful boats inside and out. I briefly shopped axis, but had a real hard time justifying that amount of money for an interior that looked so budget. That and the added drag from the wedge and surf gate makes them harder on fuel according to the numbers I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

one walk through a moomba and an axis and notice all the interior "finishes" that moomba adds that axis is missing and it's all over.

just buy the moomba and never look back.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

We are all probably biased a bit around here but KG above came from a very nice Supra and shopped around pretty good before settling on the Mojo. I'd take his opinion and run with it. Go demo your Mojo and you'll see why we all love us some Moomba!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Need some help picking.. moomba vs axis??

I posted in your WW forum. Of course we here are all going to be biased towards Moomba. That being said I would look at the S238 & MB B52 before I would look at Axis IMHO.

If I was in the market for a 23' boat (I wish) that's the 3 boats I would be looking at. Mojo, S238 & B52.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers