Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2015 Mobius LSV hydraulic surf system retro fit?

I have a 2015 LSV. The boat came with the manual Surf tabs. ( they suck.) I then spent a ridiculous amount of money ( at the time) for a delta mission wake shaper.... Its ok, but nothing compared to a neighbor who sinks his 2006 supreme with 60+ tons of ballast.

I am now wondering if I should drop another 5k on a surf system. I don't know what to buy, what will work, or if it would be worth it in the first place.

Any help would be fantastic!

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    I have a 2015 LSV. The boat came with the manual Surf tabs. ( they suck.) I then spent a ridiculous amount of money ( at the time) for a delta mission wake shaper.... Its ok, but nothing compared to a neighbor who sinks his 2006 supreme with 60+ tons of ballast.

I am now wondering if I should drop another 5k on a surf system. I don't know what to buy, what will work, or if it would be worth it in the first place.

Any help would be fantastic!

Thank you,
    What's your ballast setup like with the mission delta? I've seen some pretty impressive lsv waves that were slammed with a mission delta.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

60+ tons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    60+ tons?

as they say there's no replacement for displacement!

Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

I would also be curious on your ballast setup as well.

I run in the neighborhood of 2800-3200 depending on the amount of people with us for that particular day. I purchased the flow after one season with our 13 LSV and was an nice improvement. By no means is it an automated surf system but I found it worth the money. Fast forward to last summer, myself and another forum member put together a homemade suck gate and it was the best setup we have had to date. My motivating factor for the suck gate was we ran 100% full ballast, whereas the manual flow still seemed to favor weighting on one side.
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

I don't recall what my ballast is, but it came with the boat. For some reason 1100lbs comes to mind. I do know that with 4 or so people in the boat and all the bags full, its not hard to spoon the boat. So not sure if it could take much more? My thought is if I could update, I could fine tune the wake.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

And yes 60 tons was an exaggeration, but he has a crazy amount.

650s in the rear are your stock bags. If you have the surf edition you have 500 in the bow. If you haven't upgraded those I would start there. I think you would be pleasantly surprised. Most of the LSV owners run 1100 in the rears, I'm probably in the minority at 900. I don't think there is much sample size for a wave control type system on our particular boat so I can't speak to that.

2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Quote Originally Posted by 13mobiusLSV View Post
    650s in the rear are your stock bags. If you have the surf edition you have 500 in the bow. If you haven't upgraded those I would start there. I think you would be pleasantly surprised. Most of the LSV owners run 1100 in the rears, I'm probably in the minority at 900. I don't think there is much sample size for a wave control type system on our particular boat so I can't speak to that.

Well that would be a lot cheaper. Suggestion on what I should buy? (with links?) My Apologies as I don't know a lot about this stuff.

Thank you so much BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Well that would be a lot cheaper. Suggestion on what I should buy? (with links?) My Apologies as I don't know a lot about this stuff.

Thank you so much BTW!
    Www.wakemakers.com

Site is very user friendly. You will also get 10% off for being a forum member. (I don't know the current code). You can call/email them with any questions.

Search the forum too, lots of good info buried in here as well.

2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Default 2015 Mobius LSV hydraulic surf system retro fit?

I have a 15 LSV as well... I run 1100 in the rears and stock center plus the 500 ibs. Also have a suction gate (suckgate) and manual flow. I run 100% full on front, 75% rear, and manual gate on setting 1 with suck gate assistance. Wake tab at about 25% down and the wave pushes waist high. That's with dual batteries and 3 amps port and driver stbd. Good Luck!

(If you go with an auto setup, be sure to keep us informed. Some of us have had the same questions...)
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold