Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I've hit my head out ther a few times and always wear a helmet wakeboarding now.

It's called global amnesia when you lose your memory for a few hours and then it comes back. Your brain can only contain about 20 seconds worth of new information so you keep asking the same question over and over until it does.

I once had this for about 6 hours and had everyone sacred out of their minds that it was never coming back. catscans revealed that it would be ok but i'd urge everyone out there to think hard about a helmet if you haven't already.

I'm in bed at the moment recovering from a broken femur in a snowboarding accident. These things happen no matter what sport we're in. hahaha

best,
    -tom

Oh, the war stories we can tell!

My son has had three concussions and torn cartilage in his sternum! He now wears a Helmet!!! I’ve had to call 911 to have the ambulance meet us at the dock so that they could take him to the hospital from his first concussion! I thought he was having a stroke or something! He kept asking the same questions over and over and over! Then he slumped down off the seat into the floor of the boat. His eyes rolled back into his head. Man I freaked!!! I had my Cell phone and called 911.

Funny end to this story is that the nurse tried to take his trunks off (why do they always want to take all your close off???) and he grabbed them and wouldn’t let her take them off in the ambulance! Even though he was in the twilight zone, he still had enough oomph to know that he didn’t want his drawers taken off!!! It was funny!

One time he was trying a new trick (a transom 720 or something I think) and hit real ugly. He just lay there like a shocked fish or something. Oh, I freaked again!!!

I had to drag this kid (dead weight mind you!!!) from under the armpits up onto the back platform. He wouldn't help at all!!!! I couldn’t get him in the boat! A MONKEY AND A FOOTBALL COMES TO MIND!!!! This was when he tore all the cartilage from his sternum. Two weeks later he was back out there, and got the trick right this time!

Sled491 Guest

My wife and I were out late September for a quick pull after super. My wife had skied the river and threw the rope for a rest. I came around and we talked for a bit while she floated in the water. When she was rested I lined her up and away we went. I looked in the mirror and there she was llike she was supposed to be. the next thing I know my son is telling me she's down. that's weird she never even made a cut. I come around and she is screaming in pain. I shut the boat off and I freaking out trying to find out what happened, she doesn't know. 10 minutes later I have her on the swim platform, and 20 minutes later I have her in the boat. She says get me home so I take off, she screams faster so I open it up. We get back to the landing and now I have to get her out of the boat.

Slowly I work her out to the platform again and then I have to pick her straight up on locked arms so as not to casue her more pain. We start home and she starts crying and says she can't feel her legs now. Now I freak, and call 911. I'm screaming down the Hwy pulling our boat at about 80 in a 55. The police tell me to pull over and they'll be right there. But I'm less the 10 minutes from the hospital so I thank them and hang up and step on it. 5 minutes later we get to the emergency. It took 6 resue squad guys to get here out of the back of our truck and my wife weighs like 110lbs.

At first they thought she broke her back, after the MRI it turns out to be a sprain. To this day we don't know exactely what happened.

My wife has decided to take this summer off

Yeah last year I torn my left hamstring and glut (rear end muscle) really bad! I knew how I did it but the funny thing was my wife having to pull my up the hill from our dock in our yellow Lowes landscapping wagon!!!! Then she is grinning as the Doctor in the emergency room was .......checking the muscles that I pulled in my rear!!! I even had to smile a little at that point!

Worst pain ever. every move ya make hurts. I went to chiropractor and he wrapped my torso up with a wide wrap like for an ankle. It helps soooo much. Give it a try.

A thread from 2006, nice! I broke 2 ribs on a hard wakeboarding crash. Horrible pain for months, and I can still feel where they broke 2 years later.

speaking of 2006 whatever happened to sled? he used to share some good skiing advice
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

stop talking about getting hurt, kind of makes me not want to participate in water sports
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD