Default 2010 LSV wakeplate problem

Hi all, hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year. Just pulled the boat out for maintenance and remembered an issue that started last summer.

My wakeplate has been working intermittently. When using the lever on the steering wheel, it will only make noise like it is working when moving the wakeplate down. It makes no noise when I try to raise the wakeplate. It started this last year, and it would periodically work both ways, but now it seems to only work when holding the lever down. My first instinct was low fluid, but then when researching last summer I think I saw on here where these were no longer hydraulic but an electrical actuator. I'm sure someone can verify or correct me.

Whatever the case is, I need to get it fixed. Where would you guys start? Intermittent problems are the worst!
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Start by finding out if your electric or hydraulic.

But I have a sneaky suspension you might have a bad connection at the steering wheel. I haven't taken one apart but its only a couple wires anyhow.

To test it, take it apart and see if you can swap the wires. You might be able to look in the engine area and find the other connection and do the swap there.
    Generally if you can go up or down but not both its a bad connection <electric> bad valve on hydraulic.

Look into it and let me know what you can find or see, I will try to help as much as possible. Feel free to PM me as I haven't been on much the last few months due to being busy.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks Mike. It's definitely electric. I pulled the switch at the steering wheel and switched the leads, and verified it's not a bad switch. So it's either a bad connection at the motor end or the motor itself is bad. I'm hoping it's a bad connection. I didn't have time to mess with the wakeplate end yet but that's my next step.
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Looks like your on the right track then, see if you can switch the leads in the back, that will tell you if its connection in the rear or actuator its self.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]