Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    It sounded like they were smaller but I may have heard incorrectly. Thanks for clearing it up!
    You are not incorrect. They are 900 on each side. Many guys say the 1,100, Enzo, or something custom are what you will need to love the surf wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Default Mojo Wakeboard set up?

Looked at the Mojo this weekend at the boat show. Wow what a boat! The wife says we get a new one in three years! It is amazing that with a boat that buoyant and expensive that they don't just put bigger bags in there. What is the extra cost, $50-100 per bag? You would think they would want to beat any competition out of the gate for such a low number. Pass the cost on at double but would be worth it. They aren't making money from the upgrade as it sits so why not just do it?
    I am not complaining I just wonder what the business model is behind this.
    It has to do with the number of passengers the boat is able to carry and still keep the certification. This year (beginning January builds) you are able to "factory upgrade" to 900lbs bags in the rear and still keep the same passenger number.

I recommend 900s for wakeboarding and 1100lbs as minimum if you are going to surf.

Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Quote Originally Posted by IronmanCowboy View Post
    Will the surf wave be OK with the 650's?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I'm going to be brutally honest and tell you NO! They need to be 1100's at least. You can fart around with the 650's or 900's but you're going to be really disappointed and wonder why you $75,000 boat has a crap surf wave. You NEED lots of rear weight for the Mojo. It has a huge hulll, and therefore needs a lot of weight to sink it in order to displace the water you need to create a good surf wave.

Wakemakers is your friend. Get the discount code form this forum then head over there and get a set of 1100's to put in the rear lockers.

Better still, get a set of their in-house Enzo bags for $2999/pr that are 1450's and really get the most out of your Mojo.

https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemaker...yZ4RoCAQ7w_wcB
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I'm going to be brutally honest and tell you NO! They need to be 1100's at least. You can fart around with the 650's or 900's but you're going to be really disappointed and wonder why you $75,000 boat has a crap surf wave. You NEED lots of rear weight for the Mojo. It has a huge hulll, and therefore needs a lot of weight to sink it in order to displace the water you need to create a good surf wave.

Wakemakers is your friend. Get the discount code form this forum then head over there and get a set of 1100's to put in the rear lockers.

Better still, get a set of their in-house Enzo bags for $2999/pr that are 1450's and really get the most out of your Mojo.

That's a lot of $$$ for some bags Stazi!

Jason - 2008 Mobius XLV
    Wakemakers wave control surf system
    Gravity 3 ballast system
    1180 center bag
    2 rear 1100 bags
    Perfect pass gps
    Stazigate 2.0

Lol $299

2017 Moomba Craz

Don't forget about your dealer. Mine passed on some good prices for the bags and did install. I was super pleased to have all that in place when we did test ride and we worked on the wave.

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post
    It has to do with the number of passengers the boat is able to carry and still keep the certification. This year (beginning January builds) you are able to "factory upgrade" to 900lbs bags in the rear and still keep the same passenger number...
    The Mojo has really high sides and they go by water inlet point from what I understand which would most likely be the vent hole for the bag. That would allow them to put the vents up higher to allow for more ballast. It is going to be rated for more passengers, thus weight so it makes sense in the end I guess.
    Thanks.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Looked at the Mojo this weekend at the boat show. Wow what a boat! The wife says we get a new one in three years! It is amazing that with a boat that buoyant and expensive that they don't just put bigger bags in there. What is the extra cost, $50-100 per bag? You would think they would want to beat any competition out of the gate for such a low number. Pass the cost on at double but would be worth it. They aren't making money from the upgrade as it sits so why not just do it?
    I am not complaining I just wonder what the business model is behind this.
    Agreed. Have a 2016 Mojo Surf edition, unable to surf behind it. was very disappointed. with the max ballast filled, 2500lbs, made a pretty good wakeboard wake, but wasn't as big as i had hoped. i just picked up some wakemakers 1280 lb bags that i'm going to replace the 650's in the back, which i'm hoping will create a monster wakeboard and surf wake. The bags i picked up were blemished, but still have full warranty, for 149.99 each. I couldn't justify the cost of the "Enzo" bag prices. You would have thought the Mojo would have come with larger bags and really be "surf ready"

https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemaker...1280-blem.html
    2016 Moomba Mojo - Surf Edition
    OJ WakePro 945 4 Blade 15" x 13" Propeller
    Upgraded rear ballast 1250x2
    2010 Chevy Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post

The OP bought my 1100's a few weeks back. He should be good to go!
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    The OP bought my 1100's a few weeks back. He should be good to go!
    Matt for the win

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers