Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

I found a solution for flotation. I bought 2 knock off GoPro orange floaty's on Amazon. I may add a 3rd floaty but it floats on the pool.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2007 Moomba Outback V

Great idea , plus orange is easy to see in the water.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quick reply to Brian that this has worked out fairly well for us.

There is definitely an art in getting it to suction on efficiently. It takes us 1-5 times before it finally sticks and we can't figure out what we're doing different when it does finally stick. Anyone with additional advice beyond scrubbing the hull to remove lake film and ensuring it isn't on a lip of any kind would be good to hear from. Just seems like sometimes it goes on first shot, and next time it can take upto 6 tries.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

used it first time this past weekend and yes it makes a difference. really didn't put much ballast in in as it was later in the evening, but it sur did clean the wake up and made it much steeper in my opinion. 2 guys in the boat and maybe 400 lbs surf side and 100 non surf and it looked like i was sacked out.......it came off a few times , had a rope tied so didn't lose it , but thats when you could tell the difference. I like it , and 2 thumbs up
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Something is up with the cups on a few of the newer handles. These things should not be falling off. I have a few handles that have shiny cups and do not stick like the others. I'm working on a fix and will report back soon.

Get it figured out?
    2003 Moomba Outback with 283 hrs on the 310HP Indmar. Its in Cherry condition also and now we will again start to use the boat after a few years off.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Something is up with the cups on a few of the newer handles. These things should not be falling off. I have a few handles that have shiny cups and do not stick like the others. I'm working on a fix and will report back soon.
    Sorry if this has been discussed as I have not read the entire thread.

A friend has built several versions of this over the last couple of seasons and he brought it with him on my boat last weekend. It took a lot of try's to get it to stick on my boat. He said that it most likely had to do with the amount of wax on the hull. I have no idea if this is the cause but it sounds reasonable.
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

Quote Originally Posted by Gqjeff View Post
    Get it figured out?
    The mfg changed the cup chemistry so I will have to redesign around a different handle. Might be able to produce a few more with new old stock inventory.

Ok let me know. Thanks
    2003 Moomba Outback with 283 hrs on the 310HP Indmar. Its in Cherry condition also and now we will again start to use the boat after a few years off.

Any word on when you might make more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk