Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Just a friendly reminder to tether your gates to a buoy. They stick like they're screwed to the hull, but sometimes stuff happens and they sink fast. I don't suggest tethering to the boat itself due to recoil risk.
    May try to rig a piece of foam noodle to the handle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

That could work! I've thought about trying to fill the handle with expanding foam as well but have not tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    That could work! I've thought about trying to fill the handle with expanding foam as well but have not tried it yet.
    I like your idea better. Makes it more stealth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

If anyone is wanting one of these I purchased one last month and never used it, it's still sitting in the box. I sold my boat that I intended to use it for so I will sell mine. Thanks Brian wish I could have had an opportunity to try it
    Last edited by onebadssv; 04-10-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onebadssv View Post
    If anyone is wanting one of these I purchased one last month and never used it, it's still sitting in the box. I sold my boat that I intended to use it for so I will sell mine. Thanks Brian wish I could have had an opportunity to try it
    I'll take it!

I was able to source 10 more handles so I'll make another small batch of gates. PM me if you'd like to claim one!

You have me wondering if mine is going to last. Wasn't there an issue with the springs on the metal handles like the one I used? What springs are in yours?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    You have me wondering if mine is going to last. Wasn't there an issue with the springs on the metal handles like the one I used? What springs are in yours?
    I took mine out and spray painted them with heat paint and then rudtoleum

If you don't notice the rust , you should be ok
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    The metal handles do have springs that rust right away, but I'm not sure how long it will take before it's an issue.

The seastow handles have stainless springs. I won't talk you out of buying one of mine, but if you just want some improved springs you can pick up a shower handle suction cup from Home Depot that looks like the seastow style and take the springs to use in your current gate.

Thanks, Dan. 'preciate it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!