Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

My buddy surfed with no gloves. the other guy surfed with no gloves or booties. Damn.

And a video of me wakeboarding on the 36 degree water:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

That cold water riding is no joke! Back when I picked up a board sponsor and had to get some shots. December 22nd we found the ramp had one section plowed and headed up the hill. 3' of new snow, 32° air and 32° water and zero surfing. We had a cooler of hot water to help thaw out and it was a life saver. Never will do that again
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    That cold water riding is no joke! Back when I picked up a board sponsor and had to get some shots. December 22nd we found the ramp had one section plowed and headed up the hill. 3' of new snow, 32° air and 32° water and zero surfing. We had a cooler of hot water to help thaw out and it was a life saver. Never will do that again
    The boat had the hot water shower.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

So here is how my January wrapped up. Picked my boat up from 2 months of sitting at the dealer waiting for warrenty work to be completed to find it in less than optimal condition. I had cleats installed so my Bimini would function how it should in the future. Turns out the tech drilled a hole in the wrong damn spot and did one of the worst gel coat repairs I have ever seen. Then it was buffed above the rub rail and I have absolutely horrible swirls marks that after 3 hours of polishing yesterday I could not get to go away. It seriously looks like it was done with sand paper. I have had several people tell me this can't be mended without flat our repainting it which really sucks. Above the rail looks flat matte black now while below looks nice and glossy. And to add insult to injury one of my wires to my interior led lights got cut and broken so I now have to deal with that. My interior is filthy dirty from sitting outside in colorado weather for 2 months not being wrapped and only having the cover. This was enough to ruin my day, week, month, and entire winter. What was my absolute babied love of my life (aside from the wife and kids lol) now feels completely molested and tainted. My wife even brought up selling it and moving on after this.Iam sure the dealer will do all they can to make it right again but to me it will never be the same. I also don't know how it could have ever been released back to me in this condition when it was mint when I dropped it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jtatexc; 01-30-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    now feels completely molested and tainted.

Dude that sucks man, I would be livid if I were you. I wouldn't of even brought the boat home.

What did the dealer say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I didn't get to look at it. They had this plastic protective stuff already on it for the drive home. He told me about the repair and was upfront but I didn't realize it was THAT bad til I got it home. They said they would contact someone near me to get it squares away. They are great people and we know them well but the service department dropped the ball big time. The fact I have to spend more time and gas money and miss work to get this handled it really annoying. At this junction I would just as soon give it back

When did you find out about the incorrect hole!??!?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    I didn't get to look at it. They had this plastic protective stuff already on it for the drive home. He told me about the repair and was upfront but I didn't realize it was THAT bad til I got it home. They said they would contact someone near me to get it squares away. They are great people and we know them well but the service department dropped the ball big time. The fact I have to spend more time and gas money and miss work to get this handled it really annoying. At this junction I would just as soon give it back

Make them take it in for a new 17 for a killer deal. Man I feel your pain. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    When did you find out about the incorrect hole!??!?
    He told me about it when I picked it up and said he would have it taken care of. To me I should have not been allowed to pick it up UNTIL it was taken care of. He was very upfront about the fact it happened but it should have been dealt with properly and I don't get why I only heard about it when I picked it up and not the week before when it was done.

Oh man, I'm sorry. I would be hot!!

I'd would have wanted to know when it happened so I could make decisions about who fixed it. Gel coat repairs shouldn't be taken lightly.

What a b**ch!! I'm sorry.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded