Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Never heard of it. Who does that and how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most high end detail shops. You have to contact them (ceramicpro.com) to get a quote and find a shop in your area that can do it.
    2017 Supra SA400
    2006 Mastercraft X15 - Sold

IDK about your area but I spoke to the Ceramic pro guys in my area < Atlanta Lake Lanier > it was $80 per foot for the interior exterior down to the water line.
    Then its $100 ft for under water line.

When they say foot they are measuring completely across the boat, moving forward a foot at a time.

I plan to get the Mojo done in the spring since its in the lift all the time. I cant believe how much more work it is to keep it clean.

I expect it to cost 2500-3000 for the coating.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Wow!! I can wax the boat a lot of times for that price!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

I can pay someone for the foreseeable future of me owning my current boat to wax it and still be less. I don't keep my boats long enough for the investment to be worth it.

Don't get me wrong, the product looks great and am sure it does wonders to provide protection to the boat as a whole, but...
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

I hear you guys and I think the same thing but when you leave the boat in a lift or on the water full time, the difference is the boat looks great all the time, and it just rinses right off clean.

On the lift its harder then you think to wax and polish the boat. Also even putting the cover on is a bigger chore then on the trailer.

I have been weighing this option all summer and after having to have the hull cleaned wile it was in the water waiting on the lift, and now seeing how dirty it gets sitting in the lift, or in the water I think its going to be more then worth it.

I too was concerned about buying this and then selling the boat. Honestly though I just don't see anything I NEED more then what I have right now. Now that I'm in GA I don't have my big boating crew, so I don't need the space, and to upgrade to anything worth while your talking 4x what I even owe on my boat. I just cant justify 75K extra debt on a new boat when I had a seriously bad azz boat already LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Finally making some progress on the stereo. It took a few different layouts to get everything to fit onto the stock amp rack. I switched out the stock 4 position dual battery switch for the dual circuit plus with ACR. I like the simplicity of it and having 2 completely independent battery banks. The stereo and house loads will be wired to 2 Deka group 31 batteries. Cranking battery will be 1 stock battery. I still need do all of the wiring in the boat like running RCA's and rewiring the tower with 12 awg wire.

Installing the LED rings onto the Rev 10's
    2017 Supra SA400

I'm also still trying to figure out how to mount the Rev 10's to the stock upper locations. My dealer had some extra upper JL Audio mounts for me to play around with. Turns out the bolt pattern is the same. The problem is the bolt size is different, The JL's are 5/16-18 and the Wetsounds M8-1.25. I'm going to try to use a flat head 5/16 bolt in the wetsounds plate even though the plate has a 90 degree counter sink (for the metric bolt) and the 5/16 bolts are 82 degrees.

If that doesn't work I'm going to get some adapter plates machined. The design uses a pocket in the back of the plate so the Wetsounds mount would be through bolted. I don't like threading into aluminum in a bolt this size or using a stainless steel bolt into aluminium threads in a marine environment. The pocket also allows for a large bend radius for the wiring. I found a machine shop that quoted less than $200 for the pair with black anodizing. That was way less than anyone else but the quality is unknown at this point.

2017 Supra SA400

Turns out the Wetsounds swivel mounts can bolt directly to the stock JL audio mounts.

2017 Supra SA400

That is good to know. I have been thinking of ways to mount my Rev 10's on my new SR when it gets here.

Got the domed numbers installed. Highly recommend them. The flake matches the boat very well.

2017 Supra SA400