Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 2017 Supra SA400 Build

I'm new here and wanted to start a build thread of my new Supra SA. I previously had a 2006 Mastercraft X15 for 10 years.

2017 Supra SA400

Exterior Colors:

Gunmetal Flake - Originally ordered with silver flake. Went back and fourth a lot.
    Britney Blue
    White - Went with white as an accent color. I was thinking about black as well.

My last boat was red and black. I wanted to change it up and go with blue this time. I'm very happy with how the colors turned out.

Interior Color:

I went with the darkest options: Light Graphite, Dark Graphite, Charcoal Accent. I'm not too worried about it getting hot being in Washington.
    I didn't want a lot of color so I went went with blue piping and added the blue panel accent.

Flooring:

Seadek. I hate carpet in boats.

Engine:

I thought about going with the 450 but I couldn't justify the up charge when it's just a tune. The 400 should be fine since most the time I'm at less than 1500' of elevation. I ordered the boat with the stock ACME 1235 and bought an OJ 948 that I will put on. If the 948 is not aggressive enough I'll switch to a 945.

Tower:

Upgraded to a white tower to match the stripe on the hull and added the PTM clamping racks.

Stereo:

Ordered with no stereo options. I prefer to add my own components but will keep the interior JL's. I did add the transom remote and steering wheel controls.
    Tower will be 4 Wetsounds Rev 10's in white powered by a SD2
    Interior speakers will be powered by a SYN-DX4
    Sub setup is yet to be finalized but it will either by four 8" subs in a ported box or two 12" in sealed box.

Cover:

I went with a custom Evolution cover over the stock unit. The main reasons were the Evolution is made of Sunbrella (vs Surlast for the stock), the ability to customize the cover and it's a true towing cover. Fortunately Evolution is in the area and was able to pattern the boat (anyone with a SA can order a cover from him now). Also had a platform cover made.

Here are the options:

- Color: Charcoal
    - Openings for cleats
    - Provision for a hang tie to the tower
    - Blue accent stitching

Trailer:

I went with a fairly basic trailer. Only options being the underbelly spare and aluminum tread plates.

Miscellaneous:

- Swell System
    - Dual Battery's
    - Heater
    - VR-140 Mirror

Here's what I didn't order but seriously considered:

- Docking light. I decided a hand held spot light would function adequately.
    - Underwater lights. I can always add them later.
    - 18" wheels on the trailer.
    - Runway lights.
    - Trailer backup camera.

I got a build slot in October and picked it up from the dealer at the beginning of December. It's going to be a long winter

I'll be adding all of the mods and additions that are happening over the winter.

2017 Supra SA400
    2006 Mastercraft X15 - Sold

Beautiful boat. Great color choices all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Looks awesome.

Completely jealous Evolution is local to you! I talked to him on the phone a couple times as I wanted to get a cover for him and skip the factory cover on my boat but he doesn't have a pattern for the Craz and isn't sure if/when he will.
    Boatless for now

Really nice colors.

Those covers are sweet. How much was that?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Did you consider the SE or SG?

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Really nice colors.

Those covers are sweet. How much was that?

It will probably be $900-$1200 depending on the boat size and options. The charcoal color, cleat access and custom stitching is all extra.
    2017 Supra SA400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Did you consider the SE or SG?

Yes I demo'd the SE, SG, SA. If money and size was no issue I would have gotten the SE. The SA fits in my current garage (barely) and I thought it had the best wake. I think the SE is better than the SG unless you prefer the traditional bow. The SE has the best surf wave out of the box. I think the SA needs a little extra weight for surfing so I got 300 lbs of lead when I only have a few people. It ultimately came down to the SA meeting all my needs and fitting in my garage.
    2017 Supra SA400

Getting to 10 posts so I can post pictures
    2017 Supra SA400

Here's a shot with the cover. Cory (Evolution) said the wrinkles will come out once it warms up. The cover stretches when it is first installed to take a "set" to the boat.

2017 Supra SA400

So awesome and congrats! I love that blue in the sun and it's a great fit with the flake. Heck of a change from the X15.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)