Thread: Decal damage

Question Decal damage

IMG_1228.jpg
    Minor damage to decal on side of Mojo. Clear layer over decal pulled back slightly. Does anyone know of a good way of repairing this (short of replacing decal)? It's a minor issue, so don't want to spend much fixing it. Thanks!
    sbtx
    2017 Mojo

I doubt this will fix it but you could try heating it up a bit with a hairdryer and see if you could smooth it back down with a credit card or some kind of stiff/hard plastic. other than that I think replacing it is your only bet.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

If doable, redesign the logo by trimming out the bad piece and any surrounding area to make it look nice.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Thanks for reply. I thought about heating and trying to roll out somehow. Was hoping someone might have found a good method, but I'll report back if this works.
    sbtx
    2017 Mojo

From first hand experience do not heat it up with a hair dryer or cut the damage out. It will make it worse. When I first got my Mondo I didn't properly set up my side guides on my boat lift and it banged up a couple of letters. Fortunately my dealer is a customer of mine and he ordered a new 'one side' from SC at a reasonable price. I only replaced the letters that were damaged and have extras as a spare. Heating it up created more tinkles and cutting it exposes an unfinished edge. It's your call but I'm only passing on my results.

Had this happen on our mojo also and the dealer contacted SC and said they had no idea it had a clear sticker over it. So the dealer took the rest of and said they would redo the decal if it fade out to bad or damaged any more

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
    2016 mojo red&white
    2.0 auto flow surf system 2500# ballast

Quote Originally Posted by yukon2007 View Post
    From first hand experience do not heat it up with a hair dryer or cut the damage out. It will make it worse. When I first got my Mondo I didn't properly set up my side guides on my boat lift and it banged up a couple of letters. Fortunately my dealer is a customer of mine and he ordered a new 'one side' from SC at a reasonable price. I only replaced the letters that were damaged and have extras as a spare. Heating it up created more tinkles and cutting it exposes an unfinished edge. It's your call but I'm only passing on my results.
    Good input. Thanks for letting me know your experience. My wife calls this a "first world problem", so I'll get over it.
    sbtx
    2017 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Ngarcia View Post
    Had this happen on our mojo also and the dealer contacted SC and said they had no idea it had a clear sticker over it. So the dealer took the rest of and said they would redo the decal if it fade out to bad or damaged any more

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
    I sent an email to SC, but the reply didn't give me any ideas to work with. This is pretty minor, but removing the clear covering would solve problem. Thanks.
    sbtx
    2017 Mojo