LLTR!!!!!!!!

2011 Ram 1500
    2011 Kia optima
    2016 Keywest
    whole lotta stuff
    3 bikes-2 hanging from the ceiling
    2004 Honda civic -in the driveway
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default What's in your garage?

2016 Ram 3500 Dually
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport (Daily driver)
    2014 Honda Accord (wives daily driver)
    2003 Suburban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

07 Moomba LSV
    2010 Mini Cooper
    2002 Chevy Suburban
    1995 Porsche 911
    2015 Toyota Camry
    1999 Ford Explorer
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    sandm - How would you upgrade to that kind of power with a 2.0 L engine that (according to wikipedia) from the factory only puts out 180-195 HP?
    Deer, that engine is amazingly strong and responds well to high boost applications. in the eclipses, it topped out at 210hp iicr. in the evo's, same block with some different headwork was 290hp at the crank. I added different intake, exhaust, replaced 1 cam and meth injection to allow pushing the boost from 19 to 32psi and turned 363whp/362tq on a dyno-stock block, head and turbo. his upgraded turbo with some adders will be good well in excess of 400wph without all the issues of meth injection.
    see link for tuners making in excess of 1000whp on this block.
    it was sooo much fun to take the evo to the track and dust guys in v8's with 2liters of displacement
    http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...-engine-build/
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

sandm and jtatexc – You two guys will appreciate this.

The below link takes you to the 1989 archive of Illinois Issues, a publication of the University of Illinois at Springfield. Select the July issue with the cover photo of a Mitsubishi Eclipse parked in the driveway of the Illinois Executive Mansion, with Governor James R. Thompson.

http://www.lib.niu.edu/1989/iilist89.html

The Eclipse in the picture was on display at the Chicago Auto Show. Assembled at the new Diamond Star plant in Normal IL, after the show it was then prepped to take up residence as an official vehicle at the Executive Mansion, having been gifted to the State of Illinois by Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America.

It is a top-of-the-line Maranello Red 1990 model year Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, with turbo-intercooled engine. The window sticker indicated an MSRP of $16,414.00.

After it arrived back in Normal from the Chicago Auto Show, it was my privilege to meet with the dealer to complete documentation related to the “sale” of the vehicle and accept it on behalf of the state, and unique pleasure to drive this 5-speed gem 75 miles south on I-55 to its new home at the Executive Mansion. It was a screamer.

For some reason I have the correspondence (five letters) that took place between the State and Mitsubishi. It covers the offer, details of the build, appearance at the auto show, and expression of gratitude.

In the file I also found the marketing brochure and above referenced window sticker that accompanied the car. Dealer name on the window sticker is “Parkway Mitsubishi O’Brien Imports Inc.”, Normal, IL. If interested in researching the car’s history, the VIN is: 4A3C844U0LE000760.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

pretty cool.
    not a real fan of the 1g eclipses. prefer the 2g as it's a much sportier look. 3g was the end of the car and most tuners would call it a "chic car".
    buddy back in Idaho has/had a 1g awd street legal car running 8's in the 1/4 mile. it was a screamer and not really streetable but he did drive it occasionally.

betting the red car with the vin above is either a rustbucket somewhere or sitting in a garage as a trailer queen. you should try to track it down as if it's a trailer queen, someone would really like the stuff you have on it.

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    Here's our line up:

2014 Audi Q7: Wife's daily driver
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S: My winter daily driver (and tow rig for the Moomba and our Ski Doo's)
    2010 Porsche 911 4S Cab: My non-winter daily driver (for pretty much anything other than snow)
    1968 Porsche 911L: My long-term restoration project (I bought it from my uncle in '92, who bought it in '72 from the original owner)
    2016 Jeep Cherokee: Son's college car
    Glad I'm not the only one that has a soft spot for the Germans... Oh, and your son is spoiled. I had a $2000 car for my first two years of college and parked it for my final 2 years because I couldn't afford to pay insurance while in school.

The wife's 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 isn't "in" the garage because it won't fit with the 35's and 6" lift.
    Inside the garage you'll find:
    • 2002 Audi S6 Avant (with the 340hp V8 )
    • 1998 BMW M3 Cabrio (with tons of mods)
    • 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja 636
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Deer, that engine is amazingly strong and responds well to high boost applications. in the eclipses, it topped out at 210hp iicr. in the evo's, same block with some different headwork was 290hp at the crank. I added different intake, exhaust, replaced 1 cam and meth injection to allow pushing the boost from 19 to 32psi and turned 363whp/362tq on a dyno-stock block, head and turbo. his upgraded turbo with some adders will be good well in excess of 400wph without all the issues of meth injection.
    see link for tuners making in excess of 1000whp on this block.
    it was sooo much fun to take the evo to the track and dust guys in v8's with 2liters of displacement
    http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...-engine-build/
    32psi ooh wee lol, I'm scared to go above 20 on my internals at this point. I'm sure I'll get bored and play a little though. I'm definitely more partial to the 2g's as well with the 1g as my backup. I had a buddy putting 450whp on his 1g and I tell you what, his built tranny doing an all wheel burnout was fun as hell! 3g to me is pretty lame, sorry if anyone has one. But the boost capability is what made the eclipse so cool and the ease of upgrade. The 3g took a step back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

don't go over 21-22psi without racegas or meth injection. after dealing with meth, I would stick with upgraded internals/turbo before going back. it was kind of a pita to deal with and if the injector clogs or you run out, engine will detonate. Snow claims to have failsafes, but I didn't trust 'em.
    lots of guys moving to e85 and if I ever get back into the boosted world, I would consider upgrading to that.

gencoupe has 400hp out of it's v6 and it's ok, but I sure miss the rush of a built turbo hitting at 3200rpms.... and the bite of awd...