Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gopro

Default Gopro

Santa hooked me up with a Gopro hero 4 silver for christmas, so I'm looking for advice on Gopro attachments. What have you guys found to be most useful for capturing good times on the water? Anyone using the suction cup mount for the side of the boat while surfing? I'm a total rookie in the gopro department, but I'm really looking forward to putting together some cool summer edits. So lay it on me, what are all the tricks and must have attachments?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I like the bobber handle cause it floats. I also like the sticky floater for the back of the camera (just in case). I use the a suction cup as well. I hook a piece of parachute cord to the rear tie strap to just in case the suction fails (hasn't yet). Congrats on the new camera, go pros are essential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Great choice. I have used mine in so many different scenarios: downhill skiing, connected to a Yuneeq drone and most of all on the tower of my boat. I use a custom mount from Techmount.com. They took my measurements and adapted their Yamaha mount. I love the fact that it tracks boarders while wakeboarding and when surfing I lock it in. Unit was a bit pricey at $175. If I recall this mount is interchangeable with other devices but I have always used my GoPro. I'd send pictures but the boat is in storage 3000 miles away. I believe I am the only one with the custom Moomba mount with the Roswell Aviater tower. They should have the specs on file. If you don't already have the wireless key fob it's worth its weight in gold.

I use suction cup for boat. Also, mounting on ski pole and tower works well. Have a float on back of camera at all times. I use mine more for skiing. Helmet mount is awesome. Chest mount is no good. Too busy trying to point chest to video.

2017 Supra SA

I haven't bought the GoPro suction because the one I am using is pretty damn good and low profile. But I may pick one up to see how it stacks up. This is what I am using https://www.brlsmounts.com It comes with great reviews and I can attest to it. For a pole, I am using this FLOATING pole.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a small case Pelican case that holds most everything (camera and attachments). Works out nice. Have fun and buy a larger hard drive
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR192.... Long gone

The suction cup works well on the side of the boat. I duct taped a piece of pool noodle to mine because the orange floaty back door will not float the suction cup mount on its own. Check out amazon for cheap accessory kits. You will save hundreds compared to GoPro brand accessories.

2016 Mojo

Not to hijack this thread too much but since on go pro quick question. Anyone tried the new smaller hero 5 session? It looks sweet and waterproof. Size looks more sleek for helmet mount.

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post

The suction cup works well on the side of the boat. I duct taped a piece of pool noodle to mine because the orange floaty back door will not float the suction cup mount on its own. Check out amazon for cheap accessory kits. You will save hundreds compared to GoPro brand accessories.

Awesome! That's the money shot I'm looking for. Do you mount above or below the rub rail?

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Awesome! That's the money shot I'm looking for. Do you mount above or below the rub rail?

Above

2016 Mojo

I have mine mounted on the tower underneath the tower light and ran a power cord to it. We usually get 1-2 days of video with a 64 gig card..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead