Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: '08 XLV before

I have always heard sunscreen could harm the seats. But is this the kind of damage that will occur from sunscreen? If so wow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

I think sunscreen contributed to this, but I believe that the chemicals in the cleaner I used to get the white vinyl clean is what really did all the damage. I used stuff like Simple Green and etc... It dried the vinyl out and started cracking and pulling away where the stitching was. I was told not to use any of that stuff as it will dry out the vinyl. Well, duh!! We will most definitely baby this new vinyl!!! It took about half the summer this last summer for the new vinyl and the seats to really fill out. I was concerned at first, because you can see gaps between seat cushions in the new stuff in the photos. But, it has really filled out nicely and looks bad arse to the bone!!! The lighter colors really make the entire boat come to life. I didn't realize how the dark grey and black made it kind of dreary.
    Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

We will most definitely baby this new vinyl
    Cleaner Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce - http://www.marine-products.com/boat-...t-vs-0032.html
    Condition with Boat Bling Condition Sauce - http://www.marine-products.com/boat-...t-cs-0032.html
    Mild scrubber and you're set to keep the interior clean and soft. It's a little expensive but you can use code DFTR2016 before checking out to save. I have this stuff by the gallons.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Thanks for the info Josh. I'll check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Cleaner Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce - http://www.marine-products.com/boat-...t-vs-0032.html
    Condition with Boat Bling Condition Sauce - http://www.marine-products.com/boat-...t-cs-0032.html
    Mild scrubber and you're set to keep the interior clean and soft. It's a little expensive but you can use code DFTR2016 before checking out to save. I have this stuff by the gallons.
    These products are fantastic. I have used all the other brands and IMO Boat Bling is the best. Life savior down here with out hard water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

I see your located in Fort Worth, you should really consider bringing that beautiful new interior down for the 2017 Texas Moomba/Supra Jam this summer. You would literally be the ONLY XLV there, that's pretty cool!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I think sunscreen contributed to this, but I believe that the chemicals in the cleaner I used to get the white vinyl clean is what really did all the damage.
    If you use magic eraser PLEASE STOP NOW! Step 1. Keep them in the house, they will KILL your vinyl.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I have seen the spray on sunscreen (for humans, mind you) cause bubbles in a gel coat when the sun hits it. Imagine what it can do to vinyl. They are banned in my boat. Of course boat care products with SPF are specifically engineered for protection and moisturizing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Some pics of recent past summers:

Last edited by Membrain; 12-28-2016 at 05:34 PM.