Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stargazer Addition

Has anyone tried to switch out the paddlewheel perfect pass for the Stargazer satellite guided system? My family has a G23 w/ Stargazer and going to the paddlewheel. Especially with me being a bigger guy that pulls the hell out of the boat, there is a night and day difference behind my Craz when it comes to set momentum.

Has anyone tried the conversion on their own without dealer involvement? I'd like to avoid the labor cost if it's feasible.

If you have done it with the dealer, what's the ball park I need to budget?
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

you sure its the cruise and not the weight difference in the boats ? Try the g23 without the cruise to verify.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    you sure its the cruise and not the weight difference in the boats ? Try the g23 without the cruise to verify.
    I know for sure. I've been pulled by boats with the paddlewheel and on stargazer and there is a noticeable difference between the two. There is a lag due to the no satellite version relying on a certain amount of revolutions of the paddlewheel to determine the speed. Additionally, there would be an exaggerated difference in the G as there is a significant weight difference between the two. But it pulls more consistently despite all the added weight.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

I switched over the the Nautic Laugic over the summer and it has been working great for me. It is different but it has been working well. I don't know how this compares to the Stargazer though.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=nautic
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

looks pretty simple from the website if you already have the correct display
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

The only time consuming part was removing the entire floor but even that wasn't so bad. Other than that it was almost plug and play. The plug ends came ready to go so no crimping anything. I had to go into the PP and calibrate the speed against a separate GPS receiver. That was easy enough with the right manual and I learned my old system was off to begin with by 2 MPH.
    I called them before ordering to confirm I had chosen the right one. Everything worked in the end.
    Not trying to sell this over any other system, this just worked for my needs.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Not trying to sell this over any other system, this just worked for my needs.
    I appreciate the advice. I don't have any brand loyalty. I was just referring to the system of GPS guided speed control and didn't realize there were other options besides Stargazer.

I'll look into it, and hopefully get it put together for next season.

Unfortunately, have already packed up the boat for the summer.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

Quote Originally Posted by MMPRES View Post
    I know for sure. I've been pulled by boats with the paddlewheel and on stargazer and there is a noticeable difference between the two. There is a lag due to the no satellite version relying on a certain amount of revolutions of the paddlewheel to determine the speed. Additionally, there would be an exaggerated difference in the G as there is a significant weight difference between the two. But it pulls more consistently despite all the added weight.
    I suspect that this is due to the throttle response settings in the controller, not the difference of paddlewheel vs. GPS. In fact, the paddlewheel will provide a better "instantaneous" measure of speed; one revolution of the wheel is a very exact distance and it won't "lag", "slip" or care about weight in or behind the boat. If anything, I would think there could be a little bit of lag in GPS.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

What sport are you doing that you notice this? Just curious. Keep us updated on what you come up with.
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    What sport are you doing that you notice this? Just curious. Keep us updated on what you come up with.

It's not the paddle wheel causing the issue, it's actually more accurate than the gps version. If you're a bigger guy adjust the PP settings to reflect it.....

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=49216
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead