Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What rearend does your current Suburban have? If it tows OK and the one close has the same one go for it. We traded a 13 Suburban with the Z71 package in on our 2016 LT with Max Tow. I believe the rearend in the 13 was not the 3.42 that the 16 has. I can check in the am. The only complaint I have is the rear carpeted area behind the third row. It angles back towards the rear and if you are parked on an incline stuff slides out. Very noticeable on the boat ramp this was discovered on the first outing, ugh.

Default New towing vehicle

We just have the 3.08 in our 2010. It tows ok and we haven't had any major issue except once when engine got hot on the freeway. It was better when we slowed down. We do not have an engine or transmission cooler on our 2010 like the new ones.
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Dealer is not knowledgeable. I have a '15 Yukon with max tow. It has 3.42 gears, brake controller, HD (fleet service) brakes, HD trans cooler, HD oil cooler, and Z85 suspension with automatic air leveling rear springs, all for $650.
    The good stuff . . .

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I have a 2011 Expedition extended version for the exact same reason. We blended two families, have 6 of us with toys to haul. That extra 17" of space in the rear made all of the difference. All of us and the luggage fit nicely. We have been as far north as VT and as far south as FL. It has been on many adventures.

I think you will find that the Expedition doesn't have the torque that the Chevy has. That is the ONLY thing I would like to see better on my Expedition though.
    Unless it has changed over to the Expedition having more torque now?
    I have 102,000 miles on it and can't complain about anything so far. On the highway I have to keep reminding myself that I am towing. I have had one set of tires replaced, one set of brakes and rotors replaced (lots of towing) and normal maintenance so far. It comes with the tow package and air ride level as well. About to have the remote start installed and I will be happy.

The new expeditions dwarf the 5.3 v8 in the tahoe when it comes to towing capacity. The ecboost makes 365 hp and 420 lbft of torque at only 2500 rpm and with the max trailer tow package they can pull 9200 lbs in any axle configuration. We have the 3.15 ratio in our 2015 and it pulled our 08 LSV to Arkansas and back from Houston with ease, much better than my dodge Hemi did. Also if you opt for the load leveling rear suspension it uses nivomat shocks to level so you dont have an air compressor to ride level height sensors to go bad on you. The max trailer tow package on the expedition comes with the trailer brake controller, upgraded oil cooler, and upgraded trans cooler.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Don't get me started on the Yukon. It has a new warranty issue every week. It is a dog compared to the ecoboost. Having owned a f150 eco vs a 5.3 Yukon there is no comparison. I've been given more excuses as to why the yukon constantly searches for the right gear, slips, clanks, bangs, doesnt go anywhere when you push the completely disconected gas pedal ect. than I care to count. We will be getting a 2018 expedition when they come out.
    -Jake

Would the expedition pull an SE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Would the expedition pull an SE?

Yes, the only thing with all the SUVs is the max load carrying trailer capacity is 6,000 lbs. To achieve more than that you are SUPPOSED to go weight distributing. I know they make weight distributing hitches for pole tongues with surge brakes but they are pricey. I dont think you can get away from this by switching manufacturers either. I think Ford, Chevy, and GMC all have similar restrictions.

Russell, you just got that Mojo, looking at getting an SE now?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Yes, the only thing with all the SUVs is the max load carrying trailer capacity is 6,000 lbs. To achieve more than that you are SUPPOSED to go weight distributing. I know they make weight distributing hitches for pole tongues with surge brakes but they are pricey. I dont think you can get away from this by switching manufacturers either. I think Ford, Chevy, and GMC all have similar restrictions.

Russell, you just got that Mojo, looking at getting an SE now?
    Always looking!! Lol. Mainly thinking about adding some bag weight to mojo and how that would Impact towing.

2017 Supra SA

While no 1/2 ton is ideal for a SE I'm sure Robert and I agree Ford has the most robust 1/2 ton available, him with Dodge experience and me with GM experience.
    -Jake

For accurate comparisons sake .... ya'll are referencing a 5.3 that GM hasn't used in a couple years, right?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded