Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

These two that like to just do big loops out front are neighbors!!! I have yelled to them from our dock and they give surfs up signs!!! I'm like can you not tell that I am not a fan of yours? We have two buoys on 25' of stainless steel cable anchored to three concrete and re bar anchors each. This has helped a little to keep them of the end of our dock. However, this does not solve the issue of these yahoos doing more laps than the indy 500 out front where you cannot swim or float until they leave. It really sucks for the little kids. It is sad that we have to load up our boat and head up or down river leaving our dock and house so they can swim. If these guys would use the entire lake we would only see them every so often instead of watching them do these loops for hours. I am not trying to be an A$$ about it, all I am saying is that everyone needs to be aware of what our beautiful wake/wave machines are doing to others on the lake. I try really hard to not be "That Guy" at the lake that no one can stand. I do have to agree that in my younger days trolling the lake in a 24' Formula with a 454, I was probably "That Guy".
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I am with the go out and talk to them crowd. Talk about the kids and things getting beaten up. If they are D-bags nothing is going to keep them away so you may as well try. Pick a day when there are fewer of them on the boat. Starting a war is probably not the way to go.
    Let them know you surf also and talk about other places you go that are better.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Check your state laws for proximity to shoreline laws and also dangerous or negligent operation laws. Talk to your law enforcement folks and explain the circumstances including video or pictures. Invite them to come in by vehicle and treat them to a lunch to observe especially if there boating is predictable enough to know when they will be on the water. You know who they are and what they are doing so if you know what rules are being violated it is a slam dunk. My concern would be the possible retribution when you aren't around. The negligent driving rule is a catch all that is a judgement from the officer. I wish you the best.

Washington law states that these dangerous operating practices are illegal.

Negligent Operation is operating a vessel in disregard of careful and prudent operation, or in disregard of careful and prudent rates of speed in a manner that unduly or unreasonably endangers the life, limb, property, or other rights of any person. This includes:
    •Not paying attention to the operation of the vessel
    •Failing to keep a proper lookout
    •Failing to follow the navigation rules
    •Causing danger from the effects of the vessel's wake
    •Allowing passengers to ride on the bow, gunwales, or transom of a vessel not equipped with adequate railings to prevent falls overboard

Reckless Operation is operating carelessly in a willful and wanton disregard of the rights, safety, or property of another person. It includes:
    •Weaving in and out of other vessels, docks, or buoys
    •Playing "chicken" with another vessel
    •Operating in a marked "No Boats" area such as a swimming or dam spillway area

https://www.boat-ed.com/washington/h...ous-Operation/
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

The problem is that there isn't a "no D-bag" rule. It really is subjective at that point so officers may be the best bet.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

floating rope, leave a few sections out floating, couple prop tangles and they might get the idea
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    floating rope, leave a few sections out floating, couple prop tangles and they might get the idea
    Nice daze the "whale wars tricks"

I would talk to them an if they are ass.... again and disrespect you then bring in the authorities. or a big can of WHOOP AZZ from the Moomba forum...

are they kids or adults.......
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

When we go surfing , I generally run up and down the length of the lake and try not to stay in anyone place to long to try and limit this from occurring. I think "the small kids would like to play in the water" and would it be possible to not run constantly in front of out place should go along way if they are reasonable. If they are 20' from your dock i would video and call the police, we have a 100' law. If they disregard, just head out in a canoe/paddleboat and get in their way
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Do you think an extra 100 feet off shore would make a difference? I doubt it.
    At only 20 feet off dock I would be more worried about people in the water.
    A 2 man water balloon slingshot from shore might make a good deterrent and allow you to have some fun in the process since you can't be in the water.
    If you use inflatables you might actually enjoy the ride. Some people I know intentionally use their boat to provide 'rollers' for people in the water because they like the up/down - maybe these guys think they are actually doing you a favor.
    It may also be that they see your boat and figure you are a surfer and will 'understand'.
    Or maybe yo did something to piss them off so they are getting back at you? Probably something you are not even aware of...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Just one conversation away from knowing

I'm in the "go talk to them" camp.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Just one conversation away from knowing

I'm in the "go talk to them" camp.
    We did go talk to them several times and they just move a little up or down river and bother other people on the lake. The first time I spoke with them they seemed cool and were like "No problem" and they disappeared for a few hours. On the way back to the house we stopped at my sisters house (she also lives on the lake) and had to wait for the yahoos to quit surfing 20' off of her dock so we could dock there and visit with them a while. They seem to be stuck with the idea that only 200' of the lake can be used at any one time. My neighbors usually see me twice a day. Once when we leave out and once when we come back. We try to use the more remote sections of the lake to throw a surf wake or wake board wake. This post was meant more for getting people to be thinking and becoming more aware of what is happening to others on the lake. We just ignore them and let them have their fun now. No reason to be mean or rude but if everyone just becomes aware of their surroundings it makes it great for everybody!! The other issue with them is that they have a fairly nice stereo system that we get to listen to for hours at a time and their choice of music really sucks. It is funny to hear Miley screaming from the tower speakers with a boat load of male d-bags.....we usually just laugh at them now since we now have our dual lifts and rip-rap sea wall so they can't beat our boats to death.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In