Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Default 2016 Craz owners.

Since a few of us on the forum. Either have a craz or one coming. I figured it might be a good idea to combine all experiences into one thread. That way we can bounce ideas, plans, upgrades, setups etc. This should help all current and future Craz owners.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Great plan! I had thought about starting a thread like this, but was hesitant being the new guy.
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I can't stop talking about this new Craz and haven't even filled the ballast yet. HUGE step up from the MB I owned. Can't wait to see and hear about everybody's new toys.
    image.jpg
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Can't wait till I can actually get good weather to make the 6 hour round trip drive and pick our baby. Suppose to be 70+ this weekend in Pueblo so I think this will be the weekend! The dealer is gonna take us out for a few hours and teach us everything about the Craz and also teach us how to surf a little bit. So excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt

2016 Moomba Craz
    440 Raptor
    Surf Edition
    Standard Cabin Stereo
    900# Rear Ballasts

Supra Mariah - Sold

F250 6.7L Diesel Tow Vehicle

Btw this thread is a really good idea! So many new Craz'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt

2016 Moomba Craz
    440 Raptor
    Surf Edition
    Standard Cabin Stereo
    900# Rear Ballasts

Supra Mariah - Sold

So sorry for tagging on this thread as a Moomba Outback owner, but my buddy just purchased a Craz and has all but 3.7 hours on it so far. We were out this weekend checking out all the bells and whistles and ran into a couple of snags that I would alert you to cover in your "dealer turnover" discussion.
    1) Make sure you check the digital calibration of the speed. My buddies is 3-4 mph off which became a huge deal when he was testing his wake for surfing. Going what we thought was 10.2 miles an hour was really in the 7 mph range, which didn't begin to even throw a wake, no matter how much ballast or surf/wake plate playing could accomplish.
    2) Ensure they cover how you recalibrate your speed, and get that set on your boat. Seems like many of us rely more on the digital than the analog settings, especially because we constantly use cruise control. (We have yet to find out how to do this).
    3) Ensure they cover how to reset your auto surf control to different percentages both starboard and Port to the wake of your liking. Example, higher the percentage the longer the wake, the lower, the higher and more push. (lots of good threads on this community site talking about good setup configs including wake plate, sure control, ballast fill percentages, etc. but you'll need to know where in the menu system this is done)
    4) Ensure you cover the little things to save you a trip back to the dealer. For example, buddies boat had both wakeboard racks installed differently. One had lock knob up, one down. Those details need to be specific and correct before they hand you the key and shake your hand.

All in all very impressed with the fit/finish/fun of the boat. Need to start saving my $$$. Hope this is helpful.

I saw a post on here this am asking about to calibrate the speed control, and I just don;t know the exact path on the newer boats.

I know on mine, you hold the Menu button for 3 seconds, then you select something, Ballast, Diagnostics, something comes to mind, you select it with the arrows and Menu again and you get the option to calibrate speed. You just adjust your speed up or down according to what it should be.

Like I said I can't quite recall off the top of my head, I just know it when I see it. I had to do the same with my Mojo.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

^^ Great info by everybody, thanks guys! ^^ We have SAT & SUN forecast for rain, Craz might just sit this weekend. Still need to really detail it from the Lake Powell trip and over 12 hours of towing.
    Anybody thinking about trailer options look into the quad breaks, so worth it! Back steps are also a plus, just a little expensive.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

Quote Originally Posted by cfdrews12 View Post
    So sorry for tagging on this thread as a Moomba Outback owner, but my buddy just purchased a Craz and has all but 3.7 hours on it so far. We were out this weekend checking out all the bells and whistles and ran into a couple of snags that I would alert you to cover in your "dealer turnover" discussion.
    1) Make sure you check the digital calibration of the speed. My buddies is 3-4 mph off which became a huge deal when he was testing his wake for surfing. Going what we thought was 10.2 miles an hour was really in the 7 mph range, which didn't begin to even throw a wake, no matter how much ballast or surf/wake plate playing could accomplish.
    2) Ensure they cover how you recalibrate your speed, and get that set on your boat. Seems like many of us rely more on the digital than the analog settings, especially because we constantly use cruise control. (We have yet to find out how to do this).
    3) Ensure they cover how to reset your auto surf control to different percentages both starboard and Port to the wake of your liking. Example, higher the percentage the longer the wake, the lower, the higher and more push. (lots of good threads on this community site talking about good setup configs including wake plate, sure control, ballast fill percentages, etc. but you'll need to know where in the menu system this is done)
    4) Ensure you cover the little things to save you a trip back to the dealer. For example, buddies boat had both wakeboard racks installed differently. One had lock knob up, one down. Those details need to be specific and correct before they hand you the key and shake your hand.

All in all very impressed with the fit/finish/fun of the boat. Need to start saving my $$$. Hope this is helpful.
    Thanks for the heads up to everyone! Wonder if the Natiques' are harder to program. They have many more items to set up. lol

The fact that you have to tell people is crazy to me...Dealers better be doing this stuff anyway, with everyone! Our dealer already calibrated the speed on our test drive. Showed us how to do the speed control. Showed us how to change the surf system parameters while moving to see the change in the wake. He did all of this to accurately show us the wave the boat put out for Surf/board/ski. How do you make a decision on a boat without seeing these things accurately? They also explained the auto wake plate takeoff compensation, which was a question a few weeks back. These boats are not so easy to work that anyone can do it without guidance. Some need more than others. There is a lot to use and if you don't know how you wont be able to use it properly. Its annoying that they wouldn't just have a check list of items to "teach" a customer. This weekend for delivery, they will show us all of this again with me at the helm and also my wife. They do this with every purchase. When we upgrade in 4 or 5 years, I will be buying a Supra from them as well. I just don't understand the business practice of some of these dealers. Geesh.

Anyway, not going to derail this thread, cuz its gonna be awesome, but I just got worked up a bit. Moving on! lol
    Matt

2016 Moomba Craz
    440 Raptor
    Surf Edition
    Standard Cabin Stereo
    900# Rear Ballasts

Supra Mariah - Sold

They also explained the auto wake plate takeoff compensation, which was a question a few weeks back.
    I'm 100% confident how the plate works now, LOL!
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba