Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supra "Gap seat" on the SC

Hey,
    I saw a picture of a gap seat which was an option on the SC.
    The seat was placed adjacent to the driver and turned the bow seating into the playpen design similar to those in previous models.
    Pic:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/suprab...n/photostream/
    I was thinking about trying to get the gap seat because I would like to install an additional ballast bag in the front under it.
    Does anyone have this option?
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

Don't have it on my SE, but this is a dealer order item. I would check with Atlanta Marine about possibly ordering it for you.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Interesting idea, but where does it go when not in use or if people want to go front to back on the boat?

I wish they offered the seat-back options individually. If the price was reasonable I would've likely ordered a seat-back for the starboard side seats, I just don't want the center seat-back or to pay $900 for 2 back rests!

EDIT...that link is REALLY cool....anyone know if they have something like that but for the Moomba's? I love all the detailed pictures. I can't tell you the number of sale ads I searched through trying to find different interior angles to see everything before I ordered a boat.
    Boatless for now

Default Supra "Gap seat" on the SC

"...that link is REALLY cool....anyone know if they have something like that but for the Moomba's?"

If you are referring to the blue bikini it may be a Supra only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

My XLV has it. Both the bow and the one shown in the photo next to the captain's chair flip up. The one in the bow makes it one continuous play pen and it keeps most of the air from coming through when the window is closed.
    They fold down so you don't even notice it. It was so hidden in fact that I didn't notice it for the four summers I have had it. I was replacing my vinyl and didn't notice until I started taking it apart! We haven't used much after discovering it though.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Standard feature in the 2001

Use both sides all the time.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

What he is talking about is a jump seat that is removable and independent from the rest of the seats. Since the "S" series began, a full walk thru is the only option, unlike the Supra 24 and Moomba XLV with the built in seat/locker access for the front ballast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Looking at the bottom of the seat in the pic it is just placed in the walkway as an add-on now that I look at it.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

That gap seat is kinda cool. although, I think it's a bummer that most bows are going to walkthroughs. I love the playpen bow and really love the storage of that playpen locker that takes an 1180 bag or can easily hold 3 boards when the bag is empty.

When I'm driving to/from the river, I store 2-3 boards in the rear port locker, 3 boards in the playpen locker, and my ski and another board in the starboard locker. I'm glad I can keep all the boards in the boat (out of sight, out of the wind while driving down the road). And when mooring the boat, it's nice to be able to tuck all the boards away also. If I had a walkthrough, I'd lose storage for 3 boards. That'd be a bummer.

And the wife's favorite place is chillin' in the playpen.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think I prefer the walkthrough bow after having boats with both, but I never was able to store anything in there so maybe that's the difference. Post up a picture of how open yours is and with boards in there if you can, love to see the layout.
    Boatless for now