Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

16 minutes to the chairlift and 8 minutes to the ramp. Must say, it's a pretty cool place to call home. As I always say, my life is your vacation. Big storm moving in, 1-2 feet expected by Sunday.
    I haven't been to the resorts in plus years
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Sitting here munching on the rest of our Christmas cookies, looking at a very different view from September ....

But loving the Winter landscape and getting in some high-quality sledding with the whole family up here this week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by North Woods Mobius; 12-30-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Sitting here munching on the rest of our Christmas cookies, looking at a very different view from September ....
    What an amazing view! Is that home or vacation?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    What an amazing view! Is that home or vacation?
    Thanks, man. It's up at our Lake Home in Northern Wisconsin, and we absolutely love it up here. Plenty to do in all seasons, and it's spectacular in Fall to cruise the various lakes during the Fall Colors up here. It's ~5 hour drive, but worth every minute of the trip once we get up here as often as we can

Last edited by North Woods Mobius; 12-30-2016 at 12:44 PM.

It's ~5 hour drive, but worth every minute of the trip once we get up here as often as we can
    Our houseboat on Lake Powell is 7 hours and will make that drive anytime. It's great to have a getaway and a plus to enjoy it.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    Thanks, man. It's up at our Lake Home in Northern Wisconsin, and we absolutely love it up here. Plenty to do in all seasons, and it's spectacular in Fall to cruise the various lakes during the Fall Colors up here. It's ~5 hour drive, but worth every minute of the trip once we get up here as often as we can

Beautiful place! Every boat owner dreams of a place like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Hey, I grew up in a lake not too far from there. Guess I took it for granted how nice I had it...

2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Hey, I grew up in a lake not too far from there. Guess I took it for granted how nice I had it...

Hey Chester - We're on Anvil Lake, just east of Eagle River as you head east on 70 towards the UP... where you in the same general neighborhood? It's stunning up here, but I can see that if you lived here and this was your every-day reality that you would probably not look at it the same way that us out-of-towers do when we get the chance to enjoy the charm of the North Woods

We bought our property up here because my wife's family has been vacationing up here and owned property on this lake for the last 40 years, so after my brother-in-law and his family bought and built here 10 years ago we pulled the trigger 4 years ago and we love every minute that we can spend up here. With a wife that loves to waterski, surf and snowmobile, and 3 boys (2 in college) and a dog that love it up here as much as we do, we're hoping that this becomes our own "Kennedy Compound" to always lure the kids back to no matter where they end up

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    Hey Chester - We're on Anvil Lake, just east of Eagle River as you head east on 70 towards the UP... where you in the same general neighborhood? It's stunning up here, but I can see that if you lived here and this was your every-day reality that you would probably not look at it the same way that us out-of-towers do when we get the chance to enjoy the charm of the North Woods

We bought our property up here because my wife's family has been vacationing up here and owned property on this lake for the last 40 years, so after my brother-in-law and his family bought and built here 10 years ago we pulled the trigger 4 years ago and we love every minute that we can spend up here. With a wife that loves to waterski, surf and snowmobile, and 3 boys (2 in college) and a dog that love it up here as much as we do, we're hoping that this becomes our own "Kennedy Compound" to always lure the kids back to no matter where they end up
    Very nice! I grew up on Towanda Lake in Arbor Vitae. My parents still have the house up there and I hope they keep it. but I just can't seem to make it up there very often. Living in Madison, the lakes here are far less of a drive and a good party every weekend, just tough to get smooth water like up north. Your kids don't go to UW, do they?

2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings