Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    confused why your head is buried ?
    yes, did someone like an OR Tech or Nurse take the pic?

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Thanks guys, looks like it will be March before I'm released to get back behind the boat. Rotator cuff tears are no joke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    So my wife had been having pain on her left shoulder and they found the cartilage was gone on her Acromioclavicular (AC) joint. We were able to get her greenlighted for a procedure to fix that that was going to have a 6 to 8 week recovery time, which would put her healed up and ready to go, only missing a tiny bit of the ski season. The doctor also told her that he'd fix up "anything else he found" in there, but didn't expect much.

While he was in there, he found her rotator cuff was torn from the bone and that she needed to have it grafted to the bone. He got her fixed up, but she woke to find that her 6 to 8 week recovery had turned into 5 weeks 24/7 in an arm sling with a big spacer block, followed by 3 to 5 months of physical therapy. Her ski season was crushed, which really sucks because that's her favorite thing in the world and we like to take ski vacations in the winter (so much for my ideas of Sun Valley or Whitefish Montana this year). And her season pass for Mt Hood Meadows had to get refunded.

She was able to get her sling off on 11/30, just in time for us to head out on our vacation to Mexico on 12/1. So that was good. She started her physical therapy Monday now that we're back from vacation. She currently has 82 degrees (vs a optimal measurement of 90) on her range of motion. So it's going to be a long winter for her, but she's doing better than expected especially since she's well beyond the quick healing of youth.

The surgeon and staff were shocked that she could have a full rotator cuff tear and not know it. Her pain tolerance is pretty amazing and as a former pro athlete, she pushes on. She was taking surf pulls with that tear.

Hope you heal up well--My wife's right there with you. Hers was 100% orthoscopic. Just 3 little scars that are maybe 1/4" each.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Basically exact scenario I have been/am in. My injury occurred 12 weeks ago Sunday, from a wakeboard crash. I've done everything possible the doc wanted to do before surgery and nothing helped. Rest, shots, mri, weeks of therapy, you name it.

Doc told me that I shouldn't expect to be back behind the boat until end of Feb/early March.

Current arm sling situation

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Basically exact scenario I have been/am in. My injury occurred 12 weeks ago Sunday, from a wakeboard crash. I've done everything possible the doc wanted to do before surgery and nothing helped. Rest, shots, mri, weeks of therapy, you name it.

Doc told me that I shouldn't expect to be back behind the boat until end of Feb/early March.

Current arm sling situation

Yep, looks pretty familiar, seat belt and all. (though she got a squish ball). She was able to get fast-tracked on her surgery (8 days from diagnosis of the AC joint problem). Her surgery was on 10/25 and she was released from the sling on 11/30. She didn't start her PT until a week and a half later when we got back from Mexico. Your diagnosis for return to action is a lot more optimistic than hers--she told them she wanted to be back on skis by mid-March and they said that's REALLY optimistic and that there's not much she can do to speed the time it'll take to graft to the bone. And skiing really doesn't need the shoulder (aside from using poles) but they're very conservative and afraid of her taking a fall (because the re-repairs are much less successful). You're younger and obviously much stronger than her, so I'm sure that's helping your recovery time be less (she turns 52 this month even though she looks 10+ years younger).

We showed them the pic of her ice skating when we went to NYC over Thanksgiving and they weren't impressed. Paranoid about falls despite the fact that she was a professional figure skater and can skate all day long with basically no risk of falling. SMH.

Keep us updated on your recovery. At least for you it's in the offseason. (my wife loves skiing more than surfing, so she was crushed when she woke up from surgery to find out that 6 to 8 weeks turned into 4 to 6 months.)

ALSO: if you haven't looked into the "game ready" machine, it's pretty stinking rad. We had to pay for the rental of it as our insurance didn't consider it "medically necessary" when you can use old fashioned ice. But having the machine was really food for her. It has a reservoir of ice water and can pump the ice water through the pad that surrounds your shoulder. We had it set on 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off and it was able to give her intervals of ice even when she was sleeping. It was a bit of a chore to keep it filled with ice (our house's ice maker couldn't keep up, so I would take ice from the ice machine at work and bring it home on my lunch and after work!).
    Last edited by trayson; 12-14-2016 at 02:09 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

To heck with winterizing, I'm gonna just stick with this for this year...

Oh, and my new house. If Y'all find yourselves up in SC on Lake Murray sometime, hit me up. (New dock in process)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold

Just don't go out of town and have somebody leave your garage door open. Happened to one guy on here a couple years ago (I think it was at his brother-in-law's house or something though). You can guess why we heard all about it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Just don't go out of town and have somebody leave your garage door open. Happened to one guy on here a couple years ago (I think it was at his brother-in-law's house or something though). You can guess why we heard all about it.
    That's why I finally got the Liftmaster MyQ setup for my garage door. a different switch and their internet gateway means that I can now open/close my garage door from my smartphone. I also have alerts that I've programmed. for example, if the garage door is open over 15 minutes during the workday, i'll get an alert. And if it's open over an hour at any point, I'll get an alert. It also tells me how long ago the last time it was opened or closed was. Well worth it.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

ALSO: if you haven't looked into the "game ready" machine, it's pretty stinking rad. We had to pay for the rental of it as our insurance didn't consider it "medically necessary" when you can use old fashioned ice. But having the machine was really food for her. It has a reservoir of ice water and can pump the ice water through the pad that surrounds your shoulder. We had it set on 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off and it was able to give her intervals of ice even when she was sleeping. It was a bit of a chore to keep it filled with ice (our house's ice maker couldn't keep up, so I would take ice from the ice machine at work and bring it home on my lunch and after work!).
    Now that I look closer at the pic. I can see that you've already got a Game Ready type ice machine. good deal. Heal quick.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Wrapped up for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Helix

First day of winter, first time for them on the boat.
    IMG_5408.jpg
    IMG_5408.jpg
    Last edited by viper548; 12-22-2016 at 05:08 PM.
    2017 Mojo