Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Moombaman16 thanks for the $0.02. Looking again that is a decent size lake. How bad does it get during the summer? How long is the surfing/wake season there?
    If you get in the main channel area and the popular places, there is a water fall about half way up the lake or down the lake depending on which direction you are coming where a lot of people tie up and swim and what not and that area can get crowded. I don't know how much you know about the lake but we stay around a landing called stamp creek when it is busy weekends, such as the 4th and Memorial Day and we can surf all day and only see a handful of boats. There is always some where to go and have you own space and not get run over, especially if you are not trying to stay in the main channel. We were there this past weekend and the water temp was still in the upper 60s low 70s it was warm enough to surf, we didn't but my buddy has a mojo and I have the craz and we were wishing we would have surfed. Our season every year is march through November we could do even in to December and some in February but my wife hates the cold water and temp so we usually quit around the end of November.

Quote Originally Posted by moombaman16 View Post
    ... three years. I have a park model setup ...
    moombaman - What is a "park model setup"? - deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Wow that is really good news all around! That is weather I can deal with. I wouldn't think of being in a main channel so that is really good.
    Are there a decent amount of places to eat on the water and off?
    We haven't been there yet because our friends couldn't over Columbus Day weekend but we will be there in the spring to check it out.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

"I find about $350K for .5 acre on big water. In a cove you are probably looking at about $150K? "

That for a lot only - no house???

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    https://www.athensparkhomes.com/park...r,-Arizona/170

you'll get the drift from this pic. basically a 5th wheel and a mobile home had a child..
    my ex's parents had one in yuma for a season. perfect for 2 with kids as most only have a single bedroom and pullouts in the living room.
    most in arizona are not mobile and have 'arizona' rooms attached. basically a screened in covered porch for added outdoor living space.

iirc they bought theirs for 20k all in and lot rent ran a few thousand a year. economical 2nd home.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    "I find about $350K for .5 acre on big water. In a cove you are probably looking at about $150K? "

That for a lot only - no house???
    That is if you want to build and it is only asking but don't rely on that. I have also seen a lot of houses with the same type of lots for not much more than what I listed. There is a real gap for some reason. Either the people there think their land is worth a lot more than it is or the houses are really cheap. I was trying to figure that out as well. If you want to get something that is built there seems to be some pretty decent deals from what I can tell. My wife wants to build which I am totally not into and I would be happy to take what is there. I just need a house, Moomba, lift, dock, lake and my skis and I am happy.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    https://www.athensparkhomes.com/park...r,-Arizona/170

you'll get the drift from this pic. basically a 5th wheel and a mobile home had a child..
    Those are pretty neat. We have a place on our current lake that I found that had these but I didn't know what they were. They all have an outdoor space for eating and hanging out as well. There is a cove with about 20 of these all lined up on narrow properties. There is a common parking lot, ramp and little park for the kids. Almost every one has a dock with a single metal structure boat lift at the end.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Sandm is right it is like camper but permanently setup, mine is 2 bedroom 2 bath a very economical way to have a place at the lake for the time being until we can look more serious for a house.

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Wow that is really good news all around! That is weather I can deal with. I wouldn't think of being in a main channel so that is really good.
    Are there a decent amount of places to eat on the water and off?
    We haven't been there yet because our friends couldn't over Columbus Day weekend but we will be there in the spring to check it out.
    There are a few places on the world that are really good with plenty of docking space. There is also many good places in the Seneca and Clemson areas

I don't think we considered those too closely but I will add it to the list. It is a massive lake at Clemson so there has to be plenty of good places I would imagine.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap