Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by pprior View Post
    We looked at keowee. The lake was beautiful but homes in the nicer areas were 800-1M+ and as soon as you left that area it seemed very backwater. And taxes for out of state owners quite high.
    It sounds like you found a lot of the same as we did. There are some other places that aren't as high priced but can get a good place. Keowee Key might be the place you looked also? We also found some <$500K places on the water with really nice smooth slope to the water but those needed fixing up. I am pretty much DIY for the most part so a lot would be just materials cost but some pro help would be needed.

The back water part you mentioned is what I was referring to with my bubble comment. Most places are going to be like that but everyone we ran into outside of the lake seemed like good people and had good conversations. It depends on where you go though. You can go to Lake Murray near Columbia and have a decent size town. There is Lake Norman in NC and be near Charolette. We wanted to get away from the bigger towns and cities but that just us. I liked Norman but the wife wasn't into it that much.

We would be full time residents and taxes for that and retirement income taxes are really good and make a lot of sense to us. They try hard to incentivize people to retire there which is the plan. We are looking to move in 3-4 years, keep working remotely and in office once a month and retire eventually but no time soon.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by JoelFett View Post
    Well, since you woke it up, I'll throw my plug in... due to unforeseen circumstances (nuclear power plant shut down) I'm selling my beautiful house on Lake Murray so I can relocate. If interested, let me know. 3 bed, 4 bath 2200 sq ft in Chapin, with the #8 high school in the state (educationally).
    Damn sorry to hear that. I hope you have something lined up. Sounds like a really nice place.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap