Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What prop should I buy for a Craz?

Looking to buy a spare prop for the Craz to take advantage of BF sales and to either have a backup or possibly swap one out for better performance.

Boat has the standard OJ 14.25x14.5 which appears to be the same as an ACME 1235? and I ordered the max surf package which is factory 900's in the rear so total ballast standard is 2800lbs.

Obviously I've yet to dial this in but in my previous boats we've needed to add additional ballast, usually in the bow to lengthen the wave. We usually surf with 2-4 people in the boat so I've got lead weight bags to hide under seats etc if needed.

Any input on prop choice or ballast setup is appreciated. I see on some threads people are running 3500-4500 in ballast....Will the standard prop push that fine?

Default What prop should I buy for a Craz?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Looking to buy a spare prop for the Craz to take advantage of BF sales and to either have a backup or possibly swap one out for better performance.

Boat has the standard OJ 14.25x14.5 which appears to be the same as an ACME 1235? and I ordered the max surf package which is factory 900's in the rear so total ballast standard is 2800lbs.

Obviously I've yet to dial this in but in my previous boats we've needed to add additional ballast, usually in the bow to lengthen the wave. We usually surf with 2-4 people in the boat so I've got lead weight bags to hide under seats etc if needed.

Any input on prop choice or ballast setup is appreciated. I see on some threads people are running 3500-4500 in ballast....Will the standard prop push that fine?
    I did the oj 945 on mojo and am happy with it. Could be something better out there though? I do not think that it changed a single thing to surf wave. However, I noticed a lot when full crew and wakeboarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

945 is as good as it gets. It's 15 inch and it's the largest most agressive prop you can fit on the craz. Acme 2315 is the equivalent, but the 945 is the factory option, so just choose that option from factory. I run 4200 lbs ballast in my craz and the 945 gets the job done.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    945 is as good as it gets. It's 15 inch and it's the largest most agressive prop you can fit on the craz. Acme 2315 is the equivalent, but the 945 is the factory option, so just choose that option from factory. I run 4200 lbs ballast in my craz and the 945 gets the job done.

How is your 4,200 setup?

2017 Supra SA

Appreciate the input. I noticed the OJ945 was the optional prop on the build site but didn't see it listed as a suggestion on wakemakers site.

I opted for the standard prop on the build as the dealer recommended it and also since it was $220 upcharge, which is nearly half of the cost of buying one anyways so why not just buy one after the fact and have 2 different props, either to swap out and test back to back or to have a spare in case one gets dinged up.

With the black friday deals the OJ945 is under $500 shipped, so I think I'll go that route.

Now what about a removal tool? Harmonic puller or C-clamp puller? Figured I'll buy everything with it on sale.

1100's in the rear. 600 in in front of back seat on floor and 300 under bow filler. Plus bow sack and in floor tank. Will be swapping out the 600 for two 400's under bench seats in front of 1100's before summer. Plus steel shot under bow filer instead of sac.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    1100's in the rear. 600 in in front of back seat on floor and 300 under bow filler. Plus bow sack and in floor tank. Will be swapping out the 600 for two 400's under bench seats in front of 1100's before summer. Plus steel shot under bow filer instead of sac.

Damn! Did you increase it incrementally to get to that point or just threw everything you had plus the kitchen sink and said to hell with it?! LOL. Just wondering if there were any diminishing returns you noticed.

There is a point of diminishing returns, but I'm walking it. I didnt even bother filling the stock 650's, i swapped to 1100's before it hit the water. It's the perfect ballast setup with a crew of 6 or less. The 1100's are a huge improvement over stock bags (I only know this because I've looked at the wave with rear bags half full). And the extra 600 in the back takes the wave to a whole new level. I put 96 hrs on my craz this year, and I'd say about 90 of those were surfing. There was a lot of experimenting, so feel free to pick my brain on all that kind of stuff when you get your boat.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Now what about a removal tool? Harmonic puller or C-clamp puller?
    The C clamp puller is very easy to use but watch videos how to do it correctly or you could break your puller.
    If I was to go with a prop I would go ACME 2315 since we are at high elevation and don't care about top speed at all.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I run 4200 ballast in a mojo and originally got the 15x13 from the factory. I later bought a 14.5x12 and didn't see much difference. Wish I would have gotten the 15x12. She still struggles to get on plan with full ballast and more than 8-10 ppl. There is a definite tipping point, if I empty ballast for a couple mins its gets on plan just fine.

2016 Mojo