Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Appreciate all the responses. I'm like 600-800' ft elevation so not really an issue there. I opted for the OJ945 simply because it was the factory upgrade option and also about $75 cheaper than the next one that appears to be basically the same. I also got the quick change kit/etc and may swap it out at some point this summer but will sleep better knowing I've got a backup prop should anything happen. Can't wait to get some time behind the boat come spring. I did find out that it's 3000lbs factory ballast with the Maxsurf package I ordered, and I have an old 750lb fly high with a tsunami pump to play around with if needed, but hoping it's great out of the box.

I also got the quick change kit/etc and may swap it out at some point this summer but will sleep better knowing I've got a backup prop should anything happen
    Get to know the process of changing the prop and remember the nut has a torque rating and not just jam it down. Nice having a spare prop but knowing how to easily/correctly change it is different.
    I did find out that it's 3000lbs factory ballast
    Did they add bigger bags for 2017? If I remember it was 650's in the rear, 500 hard tank, 500 IBS = 2300. Where did they add the 700 pounds?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Get to know the process of changing the prop and remember the nut has a torque rating and not just jam it down. Nice having a spare prop but knowing how to easily/correctly change it is different.

Did they add bigger bags for 2017? If I remember it was 650's in the rear, 500 hard tank, 500 IBS = 2300. Where did they add the 700 pounds?
    The hard tank was 700 in 2016. Will be interesting to see what's in the 17's

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I heard factory option of 900s in the rears now also for 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Good idea. I'll give it a go on the trailer just to make sure since it'll live on a lift all summer.

And yes, as noted above the hard tank is 700lbs and this year they added the MaxSurf package which gives you 900's in the rear for a total of 3000lbs.

A thought I've had after reading where people upgrade the 500 ibs to 750 was to do that first if I needed more bow weight, but at 3k standard it's more weight than I typically ran in my last boat and had a great setup.
    Boatless for now

A thought I've had after reading where people upgrade the 500 ibs to 750 was to do that first if I needed more bow weight
    My Craz had the 500 IBS and it filled the whole bow plus some... Not sure how anybody's getting 750 under there???
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

My Craz had the 500 IBS and it filled the whole bow plus some... Not sure how anybody's getting 750 under there???
    I'd agree with that. I don't see how a larger sac could fit, that's why I've been hiding ballast under the bow filler cushion.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Fair enough, I have no clue as I've only crawled around on the boat a couple times in the showroom. I have lead wake bags I can put around the boat if needed, but hoping not.
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Fair enough, I have no clue as I've only crawled around on the boat a couple times in the showroom. I have lead wake bags I can put around the boat if needed, but hoping not.
    Get the bow filler cushion and put 300-400 of your lead under there. It's a perfect incognito spot and should stretch your wave out a bit

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    1100's in the rear. 600 in in front of back seat on floor and 300 under bow filler. Plus bow sack and in floor tank. Will be swapping out the 600 for two 400's under bench seats in front of 1100's before summer. Plus steel shot under bow filer instead of sac.
    This setup seems primarily for a surfing. Do you run similar weighting for wakeboarding? My current set up is the plug and play 900's in the back, center tank and 650? that wraps in the nose under the seats. The rear storage compartments are definitely large enough to accommodate a bag that size (900), but it doesn't appear to be much more room to account for the potential additional surface area of an 200 lbs. Are your 1100's custom sacs designed for that compartment?
    Ultimately, I'd like to have a little taller wake at 70' and adding weight to the tail would accomplish that. But it makes me wonder if it would be an exercise in futility given the limitation of the compartment with a bag that size.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique