Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Order factory nonskid snap out or do seadek/gatorstep instead?

Never been in a boat with the nonskid snap out stuff but hated my last boat that had snap out carpet as it just held the water horribly.

What are people's impressions on the factory snap out nonskid stuff?

How does it hold up to use?
    Does it get hot?
    Easy to clean?
    Would you order it again?

We will keep the boat on a lift so want to make sure it doesn't hold water or anything.

I like the idea of something permanently installed but am concerned with corners peeling up, it getting nicked up or stained, etc.

Thanks

Do gator/seadek 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I had the snap no skid on my first boat and it was awesome. Just like any product out there it does get very hot (100 deg) in the sun but doesn't hold water at all. Take it out and use a push broom with mild soap and it looks brand new again. It's a factory option that's worth the upgrade and yes I would order it again.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Thanks for the input. I'm torn...and while doing some searching I came across this website....which seems much more affordable than Seadek/Gatorstep and still looks nice as well.

Anyone heard of this stuff? http://agendasurf.com/shop/boat-trai...-traction.html

The agenda is pretty good stuff. I used it on my platform and walkway cooler and bow floor. The platform is in the sun all the time of course and it lost its brushed look. So I take a course scrub brush and drag it across it it a strait line to bring back the brushed look. Is pretty good but does leave little particles on your feet that will track on the sunpad. I honestly would never do an intire floor with it or the gators step. Im a snap out carpet kind of guy and my wife agrees also. Just feels and looks nicer. Gets gross just pulling out and clean it.
    Last edited by gravity; 11-27-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Gravity....any pics of your boat/the agenda stuff? Which model/style did you choose?

I'm not excited when you say it leaves little particles on your feet that track into the boat....is this because you scrub it or it does this naturally?

I'm definitely NOT a snap-out CARPET guy, figured that out the first couple times on our last boat when after the carpet got wet it took a day or two to dry out while hanging up.....and NEVER dried out sitting in the boat. That's unacceptable to me and sucked to have a wet floor for a week straight on our lake vacation.

I may be a snap-out non skid mat guy...but didn't really pay attention to the materials and how breatheable it was when we were at the dealership, guess I'll make another trip down there to check it out in person.

Reason I wanted to do something permanent is to prevent water from getting under something and never really drying out. I agree from a cleanliness standpoint that it may be more difficult to clean, but if they have it on 100k+ boats it can't be all bad, right?

The factory non skid flooring is a $690 option, which I think for the same price or less I could probably install Gatorstep/Agenda flooring permanently and never had to take it out, etc.

If I was going to do the whole floor and didn't do carpet then I would probably do the Gator step. Agenda will cut out for your boat and is great to talk to. You could call him I believe his name is Dave. I did the softer brushed because I couldn't get the sheet to cut myself in the firmer. But he can tell you more.

The guys on Centurion crew swear buy deckadance. It is a mat that is soft and feels like carpet but has no backing and a texture that doesn't obsorb water at all. Might be a good option also.

Default Order factory nonskid snap out or do seadek/gatorstep instead?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Thanks for the input. I'm torn...and while doing some searching I came across this website....which seems much more affordable than Seadek/Gatorstep and still looks nice as well.

Anyone heard of this stuff? http://agendasurf.com/shop/boat-trai...-traction.html
    Same stuff. Way better price...
    http://www.pwcmuscle.com/hydroturf-s...ml#header-cart

Guys have been talking about hydroturf for a while. Do some searches and you will come up with some decent info.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Same stuff but once you add the 3m adhesive it is no longer cheaper. Agenda and hydro turf will send you sample pieces in the mail also