Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I got a qbomb box for the sub as I've read good things online about them
    Sadly, those reviews might be written by those who dont yet realize their couple season old enclosure is already swelling up and looking like this inside.

Whoa! Is that mold? How do I prevent that or how do you recommend I build a box to avoid that? That's gross!

This is rough to see in the pic but I build a custom enclosed box and suspended it above the floor by putting 4 bolts through the back panel and it doesn't see any water at all and I am very pleased.
    This is with the kicker 12" shallow mount sub. I have it overpowered with a jl audio 500.1. I am huge on purpose build pieces and not a huge fan of universal. I get tons of compliments on my stereo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pics, I plan to get the sub box off the floor like I did in my last boat.

I'm having a hard time deciding between the X clamps, fixed clamps or swivel clamps. I wish I had the boat here to see where on the tower I could clamp the speaker to get it as far out to the side. In the few pictures I've been able to find online it doesn't appear that there is any space on the tower outside of the Flat mount where Moomba places them to clamp it....is this the case?

is this the case?
    Looks like it. Seems the A3 is only Craz tower offering. Seems that both the Wet Sounds and other OEM offering are direct-mount to that flat lateral support between the aft and forward bars. So, Wet Sounds "X" mount looks like the simple solution. Fixed or swivel would work if you went just inside of the lateral support and mounted to the aft cross bar. You could go with the swivel on the aft side bar, but i dont see much of an advantage to this over X mount in the OEM spot besides removal.

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    This is rough to see in the pic but I build a custom enclosed box and suspended it above the floor by putting 4 bolts through the back panel and it doesn't see any water at all and I am very pleased.
    This is with the kicker 12" shallow mount sub. I have it overpowered with a jl audio 500.1. I am huge on purpose build pieces and not a huge fan of universal. I get tons of compliments on my stereo

Not to high jack the thread but what lighting do you have you boat looks awesome?!

Quote Originally Posted by moombaman16 View Post
    Not to high jack the thread but what lighting do you have you boat looks awesome?!
    I got some ebay led strips and tapped into my courtesy lights so it's on the same switch. I put the strips inside the walls above the speakers ( 6 or 8 total I cant remember). All of maybe half hour and was less than 20 bucks. I'm plenty pleased with it.

Thanks MLA and jta, I went with the x mounts which are the cheapest, and will definitely have to buy some blue led strips to add to my interior. So far the sub has a blue glow ring and I'll probably buy rings for the Rev10's but this sounds great for the rest of the boat!

Ok, I'm scratching my head here....

How do I attach the speaker with the Wetsounds X-Mount to the 'factory wetsound adapters' that are really Wetsounds Nautique FC5U adapters?

I don't have a way to screw a bolt into it from either way.

Here is a picture of the adapter Moomba uses for the Wetsounds mount to the tower.

https://wetsounds.com/media/products...-fct5-u-lg.jpg
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Ok, I'm scratching my head here....

How do I attach the speaker with the Wetsounds X-Mount to the 'factory wetsound adapters' that are really Wetsounds Nautique FC5U adapters?

I don't have a way to screw a bolt into it from either way.

Here is a picture of the adapter Moomba uses for the Wetsounds mount to the tower.

https://wetsounds.com/media/products...-fct5-u-lg.jpg
    Your Wet Sounds Rev-10 and adapter retailer should be able to show you exactly how the adapter bolts to the pod. But in a nut shell, you pull the driver and bolt through to the adapter from the inside of the pod. wire passes though the side of the adapter.