Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Rev10's on Craz tower...normal clamps, x mount or swivel clamps?

Looking to buy some Rev10's this Black Friday and my boat is still getting built. Anyone know what setup is best? I'm planning on drilling a hole in the tower tube and pulling the wires down into the clamp so it's completely hidden instead of buying the mount Moomba sells for the flat welded piece that leaves the wires exposed. Just looking to see if I need the ability to swivel the speakers to get them facing straight back or if the tower is straight enough.

Thanks

And actually I'll add to my question...are Rev10's that much bette than Icon8's? They are about twice the price...but look so sweet. I had Icons on my last boat with no complaints....we only surf and float. Do icons again or splurge for the revs?

Revs, saw earmark had 20% off. 2 or 4? What's that make them cost?
    -Jake

Rev10's with fixed clamps under $1k shipped!

Ok getting a little trigger happy with these sales and the excitement of the new boat coming.

I'm the past couple hours I've bought a pair of Rev10's, an amp for those and am about to pull the trigger on a box, sub with led grill and amp as well.

I'm semi ocd and want my sub to match my in-boats speaker grill wise, so any reason not to go with the kicker KM10 sub? And which amp should I go with to power it?

I've had good luck with PPI amps and ordered a 900.4 for the revs, will the 600.2 work for the sub? Thanks in advance!

Or is there one amp I can power the pair of Rev10's and the km10 sub off of?

And is there any difference between the 2ohm and 4ohm sub?

I'm not that stereo saavy.
    Last edited by That Guy; 11-24-2016 at 03:06 AM.

You might be bottler off with 8's. I bought 10's and ended up returning them once I took some measurements on the tower. They will eat up quite a bit of head room. That's not something I could live with.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Thanks for the input. I'm worried about that as well but my dealer says it's not an issue. So do you have rev8's? Any pictures?

are Rev10's that much better than Icon8's?
    A larger speaker, even when driven with the wattage, will play louder than smaller speaker. The larger speaker also yields deeper mid-bass output. In the case of the rev-10, this extra mi-bass helps further balance the dominant compression driver. So even though the Rev-10 is an HLCD traditionally most ideal for wake range projection, it makes an excellent surf/party cove setup.

So, if head room or bimini clearance is not an issue, yes, the Rev-10 are worth it.

so any reason not to go with the kicker KM10 sub? And which amp should I go with to power it?
    Nope! IMO, the Kicker KM10 is the most musical marine 10 on the market. Just my opinion, but I feel its an excellent sounding woofer. Rather than purchasing a "box", I would seriously consider doing a custom enclosure, whether you build it yourself or have it built for you, for your boat. You need an enclosure thas not only with the proper internal volume, but it needs to fit the boat and be able to stand up to the marine environment.

Amp wise, anywhere between 200W and 400W rms. The more headroom the amp offers, the more precise the tuning needs to be though. The Kicker KX400.1 would be my 1st choice, especially if you are going to build a ported enclosure, and a more budget friendly option would be the Kicker CXA300.1. Go with the KM10 2 ohm for either of these amps.

Just note, the KM10 now comes without the grill, its a separate piece to order. This allows you to choose your grill color or no grill at all.

Why not take advantage of the black friday discounting and get a package deal on speakers and an amp like the Wet Sounds Syn-DX4.

All three of the Wet Sounds speaker mounting options allow for the speaker wires to be concealed through the clamp.pod mount. However, they can be converted to a traditional plug for those towers prewired from the factory or existing holes that would not line up with the center of the pod/clamp.

Unless you move the pods way into the center, I think you are going to want the swivel clamps in order to better align and aim the pod.

Or is there one amp I can power the pair of Rev10's and the km10 sub off of?
    Yes. I would suggest the Wet Sounds Syn-DX6 or the Arc Audio XDi1100.5
    Last edited by MLA; 11-24-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks for the info!

I'll see if I can switch to the swivel clamps on the Rev's.

I've never had the 10's or a Craz so hoping I can get them far enough out that headroom down the middle is fine.

I bought the km10 and a charcoal grill which hopefully matches the in boat speakers but also got the led grill for some in boat glow.

I got a qbomb box for the sub as I've read good things online about them and I've never built a box before.

I plan to drill the underside of the tower to route the wiring down through the clamp into the speaker.